Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Three strikes, Part GRRRR, part I'm a dumbass
VaccaRabite
post Nov 30 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Strike 1.
I use (for the first time) my new impact wrench. I got it for the 914 (see 914 content) but figured a good first use would be taking the lugs off my wheels as I switched my Subaru from summer to winter tires.

It can't even remove a lug torqued to 65 ft pounds, even with the tool running at its rated max (90psi). Looks like a return trip to Loews is in order tomorrow.

Strike 2.
I keep tabs on my tires. Last month I pumped everyhting up to where I like it. Today, Rear drivers side summer tire shows lots of "underinflated" wear. WTF? Grab the guage, 19psi, should be at 32. WTMFC is going on? No nail, or screw, or other clear source of a leak, but it has a leak.

Strike 3.
Driver side tire. Holding pressure like a champ at 35 psi (just where it was last month) but it has a nail.

Stirke 4. (bonus, cause I am so special, short bus special)
I was planning to have the car inspected tomorrow. I last renued my registration in December so I thought I had till the end of December... Nope, registration runs out tonight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/owned.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/051103-stupid4.gif) So I get to pay extra to have the car registered tomorrow before I can get my inspection.

Grumble.
So, two of my summer tires are fine. 1 is leaking air and has wear almost down to the wear indicators on the outside, and one has a nail. I should EASILY be able to get 2 more summers out of these tires if they were okay, and now I am wondering if I should replace them. Car is AWD, simply replacing one (the tire with the nail could just be plugged, no biggie) tire can screw up the central diff.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:47 PM