Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I spoke too soon!, Fuel flowing out from under the tank.
BiG bOgGs
post Dec 9 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #1

The Bogus One

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,829
Region Association: South East States

Well, I finally got my teener back on the road, and was feeling kind smug about actually making it happen, and except for a few pesky things like a passenger side marker light that doesn't stay on all of the time, and things like that, she is in good shape. I also had a slight smell of gas, but not all of the time. I just figured it was some of the left over oil and fuel I had spilled while working on the engine finally burning off. WWEELLLLLL, tonight I was checking basic maintenance type of stuff, and I had her running in the driveway when I looked down and saw a wet spot coming out behind the front driver-side tire. Looked under the car and fuel was just pouring out from the middle of the car just between the tires. (Pic Below) It was coming out of both of the holes in the middle of the pic, but mostly out of the one on the right (driver side)

I assume this is on the return side of the fuel system, because the engine runs fine. I figure if the leak was on the supply side I wouldn't generate enough pressure to get her running right.

So question 1.) Am I thinking right that it is on the return side of the system? And question 2.) Will this require me to pull the tank to fix , or is there a way to access the return line without pulling the tank.

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:14 AM