Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Replaced the trunk...need help with seam sealer, I know...but I had to ask
computers4kids
post Jan 13 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

I cut-out and welded in a new trunk replacement panel and Por-15 all the seams. I also bought a can of Wurth's seam sealer from George but haven't put it on yet.

From threads read, the Wurth seam sealer is put on with a special gun to create that OEM effect in the trunk. The gun is very expensive, so I'm not going that route.

My choices at this point are,
  • brush the sealer on...but then it won't match the other OEM sealer applied a million years ago in the upper half of the trunk.
  • Digout all theseam searler in the trunk, then brush the Wurth on so it will all match
  • Dig it all out of the rest of the trunk and just go with Por-15...not sealer
  • Possibly try to put in a cheap paint gun and spray at low pressure to get a splattering effect
Just looking for some ideas for those who have done this. This project is not a CW project, but will look very nice when done.
Thanks,
Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:02 PM