Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> First & 2nd Gen 914 owners, What will you do with your 914 when you get really old?
Pat Garvey
post Jan 21 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I bought my 914 new in 72 - really seems like yesterday, but Mother Nature has a way of bringing one eventually into reality. Had it more than 35 years now & I'm finding that something as simple as getting off of a creeper can be laborious. I still have a lecherous 25 year old mind, but some OTHER things are staring to get stiff!

So, when will the time come that I have to part with this car. Been driving it for over 35 years, but I don't see me driving it for another 35. May make it close (my Mother just had her 94th birthday & finally gave up her 2000 Civic, with all of 13K miles on it), but I don't see me driving a 914 at 100 (I DO plan on achieveing that).

My question is to those 1st & 2nd owners of 914. Will you part with it? When?

Will you be buried in it? If so, will you have new seals put on it first?

Think about this - the 914 was last produced 33 years ago. When it was LAST produced, how many people were tooling around in 1942 cars? Take it another twenty years & how many people were riding around in Model T's at the time you got your 914? How many people even wanted a Model T then & how many people want a Model T now?

So, should all us old timers bail out of our 914's now, while the price has risen? Or, literally, drive them into the grave?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:33 PM