Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Racecar project for under a grand., 3-14-08 NEW RACE PARTS
Heeltoe914
post Feb 11 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,506

Well some of you saw my post looking for a new project. Found it for 900 bucks last Thursday and by Friday night the motor was out and on the bench. The car has some real trick stuff to it as you can see from the pix.

I really like the start of the Roll cage that was done lots of attention to detail.

The motor is $$$$ lots spent to make this thing go fast. I think part of the reason I wonted to run the 4 banger again for track events is that I don’t have to break the bank to be competitive like I did with the 3,2L.

The internals of the motor are very neat not many would have spent this kind of money trying to go fast.

Anyway wish me luck. Here is where the car is headed;

Dry sump 4 with 80mm crank and 44 Carbs, Chevy rods etc,
Turbo tie rods.
New 944 Turbo brakes
New sway bars. 22mm rear sway with LSD
New shocks Koni
Torsion bars and springs 23 frt 300 rear
Thomas to look at both trans that came with car.
New fuel cell
The cage will get some additional tubing
New belts.
New paint and off to the track

All with the consideration of doing a big six later????? Well Maybe? been there had great fun but its costly to go fast in POC V3 done that.

If anyone knows this car or has info on PO drop me a line. The guy I got it from was not the builder. I think its a SO CALIF, car.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:08 PM