Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 009 vs. stock 1.8L dizzy for dual carb setup, I know it's been talked to death but...
pete914
post Feb 26 2008, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,025

...let's talk some more.
I'm converting to dual webers from a single holley weber setup. Running a stock 1.8L dizzy with vacuum advance hooked-up. What are your suggestions/opinions for switching to a centrifugal advance 009. I know some people hate them, but the advance curve is steep and good for carbs so I'm told. Further, I just picked up a shiny new 009 off this site as it was recommended to me by people at AA for carb setups.
Before we say anything about the mallory unit, of course I would love one of those, but I would also love to install a 6-cylinder...
Would I be better off keeping the 1.8 stock dizzy and not hooking up the vacuum advance?
Right now my single carb setup is dealing with getting bogged down in the low rpm range (timed to 27 degrees BTDC)...seems like the advance curve isn't steep enough.
So, 1.8 stock dizzy vs. 009; opinions appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:26 PM