Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WOT - Any Ford 5.0 gurus on this site?, Need some "while I'm in there' advice
anderssj
post Feb 26 2008, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Dog is my copilot...

Group: Members
Member No.: 207
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Attached ImageSorry, absolutely no 914 content . . . but thought this might be a good place to turn for honest advice if there are any knowledgeable Ford 5.0 folks out there.

Last weekend I finally started to the install parts I've been gathering for our Ford-engined Volvo ("Fjord") wagon. These include GT40 heads, Cobra intake manifold, 65mm throttle body (with a 70mm MAF and a set of 24# injectors still on the shelf). While the work isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped, the delays give me an opportunity to look at what else I should do "while I'm in there."

One of the recommendations I'm getting from the local shop is to install "roller rockers" (1.7:1 ratio, same as on the 94-95 Mustang Cobras). I can understand some of the benefits (greater valve lift, less friction, lower oil temps), but I'm not hearing any disadvantages (other than "some clearancing of the valve covers may be required").

So, what are goods, bads, and uglies associated 1.7:1 RR's? Will I be giving up bottom-end compared to the stock rockers (1.6:1 pressed steel)?

Any advice--especially BTDT's--would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:21 PM