Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 valuation... little help from the experts
tod914
post Mar 17 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

I'm looking at a local 914-6. About 80K milage. The body has no rust per say, just a few little spots here and there. Nothing of any consequence. But the paint is fair condition at best. Could use a repaint, new rubber, and had a small dent on the front fender. The engine leaked oil and smoked on start up when last seen. I'm trying to see if the owner will take it for a PPI for compression and leakdown. Without knowing the condition of the motor and tranny, what do you think would be a fair market price to offer for the owner. I'm trying to plan ahead in case it needs a reseal or rebuild. I believe he has 2 sets of wheels and tires for it as well. Too many unknows at this point, but was hoping you all can point me in the right direction of what a stock 6 rebuild and carb rebuild would cost as well as exhaust system if needed. I have an idea on brakes and suspension work. I'm guessing at paint work around 6K for an exterior respray if I strip off everything myself? Is that about right? The plus for the car is the rust free body and interior was in very good condition. This was seeing it 3 years ago. His asking price then when it had running problems was about 16500 if I recall (which seemed high being the state of the car at that time). I think one head was rebuilt, other than that the motor is original.

Thanks,

Tod
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 12:18 AM