Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pushrod seals and other questions!, ...i searched
stateofidleness
post Mar 18 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

So i FINALLY got my engine torn down to the bare case and ive got the new pushrod seals laying here so naturally I think to myself "you should do the pushrod seals" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

now to begin, i have NO engine experience whatsoever and the only things i know are from what ive learned from ya'll and my sh*tty haynes manual

im learning this stuff as i go and im loving every minute of it... yes theres frustrating times, but it's worth it!!

now to the nitty gritty...

i dont know what "TDC" means or how to adjust valves... during my searching, i failed to find useful pics of this process... ive come across "quick and dirty" how-to steps, but again, no pics... and my hi-def (sarcasm) pics in my haynes manual arent very helpful...

i already (most likely prematurely) flipped those arm things down and took off the "valve covers" (see im learning) to reveal more parts that i dont know the names of lol

can someone with a lot of time on their hands or someone who has "been there done that" lay it out for me in terms of step by step replacement procedure and some pics to go with it? (things like: places to clean real well, things to watch out for, tips for reinstall) i read a while back where pelican was gonna have a how-to, but its still nonexistent...

thanks so much
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:22 AM