Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> all due to a loose alt bracket. + some pictures that, show how i dealt with some common ?s
rhodyguy
post May 4 2008, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the top nut that secures the alt bracket was way loose. the nut that goes on the long alt pivot bolt was gone. no wonder i had an odd noise and couldn't keep the belt tight. easier just to drop the engine and handle a few other tasks at the same time than tear into the tin to get to the fasteners while the engine was in the car.

couple of pictures showing how i secure elect and fuel lines. the 2 rubber clamps are both secured with the same bolt. the holes in the rear tin are the ones for the stock zip ties that everyone seems to love to cut to remove the starter + wire. the fuel line sits in the indent on the rear tin i split and wrapped a vac line to further protect/insulate it. i think it helps with the gas heat soak issue.

how i mounted the breather box. piece of aluminum angle stock, high enough to allow the collected vapors to drain back to the engine. simple, but it works well enough and the engine bay stays relatively clean

gave everything the once over with Oil Eater, rinsed with the hose and wiped it dry.

old skool triad single outlet exhaust. not alot of folks have seen one of these.

my answer to the "where/how do i mount my fuel pump?". cb self regulated low pressure rotary pump. large size chris folley stainless line, stock pump wiring harness, and andy's jumper wire trick. again, simple but it does the job.

edit: the cb pump comes with this metal filter attached to it when you buy it. the piece of hose connecting the filter to the pump is fastened with squeeze type clamps. changing the clamps, at a minimum, is a must do in my book prior to installing the pump. it's not fun with a bunch of fuel in the tank. pump it out or wear it when you try to stick a large golf tee in the line. i did away with the provided filter altogether and am using a stock fi filter, with shouldered ss hose clamps thruout the system, with the filter mounted prior to pump. i have a stock filter bracket that will eventually be mounted on the lower firewall.

not everyone's cup of tea, but i like it. faster than it looks.

k

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
rhodyguy   all due to a loose alt bracket. + some pictures that   May 4 2008, 09:10 AM
SLITS   Kevin .... ya gotta drop it again ...yer tranny at...   May 4 2008, 09:30 AM
rhodyguy   hard to fit what? me or the engine? i fit fine. i ...   May 4 2008, 09:45 AM
SLITS   My error .... I thought you converted the GT to ai...   May 4 2008, 10:02 AM
rhodyguy   i'll tell ya, if you could put the h.o. turbo ...   May 4 2008, 10:09 AM
So.Cal.914   I thought he was being funny. Shows a nicely laid ...   May 4 2008, 10:11 AM
rhodyguy   ron usually IS funny! esp when he exits a corn...   May 4 2008, 10:21 AM
SLITS   ron usually IS funny! esp when he exits a cor...   May 4 2008, 11:05 AM
rhodyguy   i'm also giving a set of W8CC plugs a try. the...   May 4 2008, 11:49 AM
dinomium   That looks like fun, KP. You should have called an...   May 4 2008, 12:23 PM
rhodyguy   today is a 'thinking about it day'. someth...   May 4 2008, 01:52 PM
championgt1   Is it back in the car yet? If not let me know, I a...   May 7 2008, 10:37 AM
ericread   My very first post was requesting information abou...   May 7 2008, 10:45 AM
rhodyguy   jack, i opted for the trans swap. :rolleyes: whil...   May 8 2008, 09:10 AM
Gint   jack, i opted for the trans swap. :rolleyes: whi...   May 8 2008, 05:03 PM
championgt1   "While I was in there" :rotfl: Sounds ...   May 8 2008, 10:24 AM
rhodyguy   see you in the am then. no need to call. k   May 8 2008, 10:34 AM
rhodyguy   double check the alt bracket before you install th...   May 9 2008, 07:50 AM
rhodyguy   + 2 :Qarl: :Qarl: to jack engle(championgt1) f...   May 10 2008, 09:23 AM
computers4kids   how i mounted the breather box. piece of aluminum...   May 14 2008, 08:36 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 04:52 AM