Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NEWBIE WITH Q's, getting a 914 and need some help
bangingears
post May 23 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,091
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hello, My names Adam, for years I have wanted a 914 and, low and behold I believe this is the year ill be getting one! I know I want a street legal go cart, I have several years of experience building type 1 motors, and this is why i chose this car (similarity...however more ?'s on that later)..... i figure for suspension I am going to do the following
Front sway bar
Koni sport shocks with rubber bump stops
Rebel racing rear coil overs
Tangerine racing chassis stiffin kit
and build a full cage for Chassis Rigidity.

here is where I feel alittle out of the loop.... i did alot of research and from 3 different machine shops, recieved three different answers.... one... said all 1.7 1.8 and 2.0 cases are the SAME...and interchange parts (i know they are wrong... the bore size on each case is different) second said, the cases are the same, however the 1.7 and 1.8 ONLY need cylinder bore inlarged... and the third said all 3 cases where different. So wats the real answer????

And FInally.... where do you guys go for performance parts? I.E, counterweight cranks, rods, pistons, valves? Porting? ... whats the best performance shop to go to?

Please if you can help at all please share your opinion.

thank you!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:43 PM