Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1970 914 V-8 project joins herd, Blog to come later
computers4kids
post May 25 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

What I dragged home this afternoon.

I bought (officially today & brought home) a 1970 914 that the PO had started a V-8 conversion using a renegade kit for both the engine and radiator. He actually got the motor all bolted-up and radiator 3 years ago (pile of receipts)...then too many projects put this one on the back burner. Primarily, what is left to do is plumb the radiator and wire it all up. However, I will be pulling the running gear and some special parts and transplanting them into my 75 which is rust free and ready to go.

Motor is a built 305 with vortec heads, new, never even started yet with a alot of trick stuff...the motor is suppose to be a high rev motor rated at 300 hp. 305= 5 liters...holy cow!

New renegade kit and big dual fan raidator

Palo Alto v-8 tach

2 brand new in the box Recaro seats

New headers with new dual turbo exhaust

Koni reds with 200 pound rear springs

70 914 is all there except has no interior. The trunks, floor pans, hell hole are all solid. It will need both jack posts replaced and had some minor rust in the lip of the front trunk. No sagging...lines good. Typical cracked dash....glass is all good, good chrome, straight body. Even with all this it would need a lot of work to bring the body up to speed. I will sell-off the body dirt cheap.

4 new chrome wheels with center hub caps with 4 new skinny ass tires

Here's a couple of pics for now, I plan on starting a blog on this whole project...should be fun!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 05:09 PM