Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Thread Locker or No Thread Locker, that's the question
seanery
post Jun 8 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #1

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

I'm gonna replace the cv/axle combo on the 951 on Monday or Tuesday. I've got new assemblies (including new hardware) sitting on my front porch (says FedEx). I've also got the 12 point tool from MidAmerica - way cheaper than the P-car places (FedEx says its also on the porch).

I know it's not teener stuff, but it's gotta be the same process, just different. I've heard the driver's side is a bit awkward to remove because of the exhaust's location. I think I'm good to go, and hope it's not a can of worms - I hope to spend the next 3 months or so driving it around the South and Midwest.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether or not to use a thread locker. I've got that really bitchin' stuff that James Adams recommended to me a couple years ago. I think the torque #s are about 30 ft/lbs for the bolts.

Any thoughts? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:17 PM