Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My Newest Addition - Flared '74, and a few photos
Kansas 914
post Jun 26 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I saw this car on eBay a few weeks ago. It was sold with a buy it now when I saw it - but since the car was only 200 miles away I contacted the seller and told him if the deal fell through I would come see it and pay cash. Well the buyer was a pissed off ex-girlfriend getting back at her recent ex-boyfriend - or so the story goes. Anyway - no deal - so I grabbed it. The guy I bought it from collects cars and ran out of room (has a very nice 911 but that is the only other P-car he had).

The car is very nice - I bought and drove it the 200 miles back home. It ran strong - I got it to 84MPH (it was still climbing) when I thought 200 miles from home is not the place to test this thing.

The motor is a pretty fresh 1.8L with Webers and a #91 Grind Web-Cam.

It has an interesting color treatment - a Blacked Out on Red theme. All the chrome was painted black and has a black rubber windshield trim and black wheels.

The flares are fiberglass and well done. I need to put new rockers and valances to match up to the flares - but that is about it. It has 245/60 on the rear and 215/60 up front.

Also - those Amber turn signals have to go - I will order clear Italian lenses for it. Wasn't there some "smoked" lenses around some time ago?

Oh yeah - no rust - zero - nada - none. The car was stripped in '98 when the flairs were put on and hell-hole was fixed then.

Here are a few pictures:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:13 AM