Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> noob fuel questions, a question about fuel lines etc...
pedalpower
post Jul 26 2008, 05:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,358
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I searched. Read some interesting threads. Even one about which states experience the most freedom. Alas no direct answers, so...
I just found a 74 2.0 with 49,000 miles and the original owner says I can have it for a small fortune. Needs injectors replaced, and fuel lines replaced.

I searched injectors and three possibilities pop up with three very different prices. The most expensive are the Bosch at 200 a pop, then the bosch at 70 a pop, and then the off brand at 30 a pop. Actually, I bet the injectors in the car are fine but need new rubber, but my gut is telling me that the 200 a pop is going to be the answer.

I will need to replace the fuel lines as well. Any indea as to who makes a fuel line that I'll only have to replace once? Where and how much?

I'll be going through the car over the next few weeks and will have a better idea of whats going on (first hand knowledge) for more detail.

Many thanks!
PP

P.S. I don't have a signature but my vehicles are as follows:
1956 oval window polar blue (original everything exept for a 12V upgrade and 36 horses...but I still have the original engine as well)
1973 jeep cj-5 (original yellow 304 V8 three speed stump puller)
1985 honda Aero 50 (peppy lil bugger)
1990 FZR 400 (redlines at 15000 and makes 70 MPH feel slow)
2000 jeep cherokee sport (the grocery getter)
1974 014 2.0 (yellow with brown interior)
and more minibikes (custom) and bicycles (some custom some off the rack) than a guy should have...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:58 AM