Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Want Mechanic Recommendation near Pasadena, CA
jrmole
post Sep 1 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #1

Torque is cool!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,752

Hi all,

Today, after three years of occasional weekend work, I spun my 914's new AC motor for the first time (with the back on jack stands). In theory, I could drive the car as soon as I re-register it and renew the insurance. It is only a theory because I live on a very steep hill.

As part of the conversion, I beefed up the suspension, replaced the tie-rods, went to 911 brakes up front, replaced the master cylinder with a 911 version and added a front swaybar. Since, the last work I did like this was in 1984 on a '53 MG TD, I would like my work reviewed by a professional before I drive it - in fact, I am quite happy to pay for a flat bed truck to get the car there.

So, I am looking for a mechanic near Pasadena, CA that will not be afraid of working with a car that has been significantly modified from stock. I would like them to:
  • Check out brakes (including rebleeding them and adjusting the e-brake)
  • Align the front tires
  • Adjust the sway bar
  • Adjust the clutch
  • Adjust the shift linkage
  • Adjust the torsion bars

The last couple of items I could do, but I am impatient to drive the car after all these years.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

- Randy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:49 AM