Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Yet another hellhole question..., let the suggestions begin
dbgriffith75
post Sep 13 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #1

TheGrif

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So even tho I'm still healing up after my rotator cuff surgery, and have at least another month to go before I can even consider picking up a tool to pick up where I left off on my resto, I was rather curious how some of you other guys have gone about repairing your hellholes.

What I had accomplished up until my surgery was I had cut some scrap 2x6 lumber and cut the curves in it to get a general template of the curve from the firewall up to the top half of the engine shelf. Then, where it makes a steep upward slope toward the engine, I used 3/4" plywood as a template for that.

I'm planning to use 24 gauge steel for the repair. I was just wondering if there might have been a better way of forming the shape of the hole. Oh, and was there a drain hole there by chance? Even if there wasn't originally, I'm thinking I might add one... it only seems right.

Thanks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 03:45 AM