Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Factory Headlight Washer system, 2 different M-codes?
JeffBowlsby
post Sep 17 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

I need help understanding the headlight washer system.

The recent system on ebay had most of the parts for a complete system... but looking into it further, it appears there were 2 different M-codes for a complete the system, or parts of the system.

German price lists show the only descriptions I have on the system, suggesting the system was only available from model year 1975-on as a factory option.

From 3 different 1975 model year price lists, they list both M-288 and M-586 pertaining to the system, and indicate each as not included in the other M-code.

M-288 appears to be just the squirters and maybe some tubing? If so, could the squirters have been operated on just the spare tire pressure?

M-586 looks like it is the reservoir and pump, and switch I presume.

Help...my German is not good...Andy/Wolfgang/anyone can you decifer the price list descriptions attached?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 11:55 AM