Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 916 front bumper lisence plate mounting, thread idea taken from "V-8 guys, show front radiator vents"
tronporsche
post Sep 24 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,447
Region Association: Central California

I thought this would be shown in a new thread, so anyone with a 916 front end might not miss out on it, conversion or not. In Euro, it is no problem, as they have the slimmer plates, but here our plates are taller. Some have chosen not to use the plates in front , that is your paroggative. I didn't have one either, until I got pulled over by the police for it. These pictures are also helpful in the way that you can see how by using this bracket, how much of the radiator air hole is covered up , in case you have a conversion. The bracked came from the Nissan dealership, what car is uncertain (Altima, maybe ?). But it has two slanted bubbles in the back, that allow for a rivet to go through the bumper after the holes have been drilled. It sits nice and flush, and is sturdy. The entire back of the plate is supported by it. It mounts rite on to the bottom "lip" of the 916 bumper. The bracket was $40 dollars. Hope this helps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 11:30 PM