Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Sold....FS 72 914 Clear Title Project or Driver
computers4kids
post Nov 7 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Here's the deal. I bought this 72 914 for the chrome bumpers for my V8 project with the intention of getting the car running (PO just put rebuilt carbs on a rebuilt 1.8) and flipping it. I bought the car with no title, but I have gone through the hoops and expense and I now have clear title and tags until of Oct. of 2009. The guy sold it to me as a "running motor" but I have discovered the motor is stuck and won't turn over. He swears it ran 5 months ago when he put the rebuilt carbs on. The car has practically no rust...just a little in the hell hole. Longs, trunks, floor boards are in great shape. The motor is extremly clean and looks like a rebuilt...painted tin, no grease yada, yada. The wheels are "interceptors" I believe 6 inch and have a great offset that allows a very wide tire under a stock wheel well. Windshield is cracked. I will include a nice set of freshly powder coated bumpers with the car (no chrome bumpers).

Anyway, I have few choices.
1. Sell the car as is
2. Pull the motor, get it running and sell the car as a running driver for extra $
3. Part it out

I would prefer to get my investment back out with option 1 and not invest any time into the car. If that doesn't fly then possibly option 2 or 3.

I would prefer not to part it out since this car could be a great little car.

Price as it sits: $1181

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:40 AM