Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold....FS 72 914 Clear Title Project or Driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
computers4kids
Here's the deal. I bought this 72 914 for the chrome bumpers for my V8 project with the intention of getting the car running (PO just put rebuilt carbs on a rebuilt 1.8) and flipping it. I bought the car with no title, but I have gone through the hoops and expense and I now have clear title and tags until of Oct. of 2009. The guy sold it to me as a "running motor" but I have discovered the motor is stuck and won't turn over. He swears it ran 5 months ago when he put the rebuilt carbs on. The car has practically no rust...just a little in the hell hole. Longs, trunks, floor boards are in great shape. The motor is extremly clean and looks like a rebuilt...painted tin, no grease yada, yada. The wheels are "interceptors" I believe 6 inch and have a great offset that allows a very wide tire under a stock wheel well. Windshield is cracked. I will include a nice set of freshly powder coated bumpers with the car (no chrome bumpers).

Anyway, I have few choices.
1. Sell the car as is
2. Pull the motor, get it running and sell the car as a running driver for extra $
3. Part it out

I would prefer to get my investment back out with option 1 and not invest any time into the car. If that doesn't fly then possibly option 2 or 3.

I would prefer not to part it out since this car could be a great little car.

Price as it sits: $1181
Mikey914
Stop tempting me. Sweet deal, I'm sure it'll go fast. I've seen junk advertised for more.
bekgroup
Please give me a call tomorrow at 415 725 6119

Thanks,

Bill
computers4kids
Here is a couple of pics from the previous owner's ad when the car was real dirty....and a link to that ad here on the world site.
Amazing what a bath will do!
An extra front hood is included if you choose to use it. The one on it has a slight kink right about the gas filler neck. You can see from the underside of the hood where someone shut the hood when something was sitting on the gas tank expansion tank...like a gas cap. Front of car has a real nice LE spoiler and fog lights. The powder coated front bumper will include painted grills as well or chrome ones...your choice.
Montgomery
I'm interested- can you provide any contact information? Please email me at DavidMMontgomery@gmail.com so we can talk further
computers4kids
Even though this car ad says "pending," it for all purposes is sold. The buyer has placed a down payment and will pay the balance when he picks it up. The deal should be complete in the next two weeks...for those who are in backup position. I will contact you in that order if there is a change.
Thank you, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.