Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold....FS 72 914 Clear Title Project or Driver
computers4kids
post Nov 7 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Here's the deal. I bought this 72 914 for the chrome bumpers for my V8 project with the intention of getting the car running (PO just put rebuilt carbs on a rebuilt 1.8) and flipping it. I bought the car with no title, but I have gone through the hoops and expense and I now have clear title and tags until of Oct. of 2009. The guy sold it to me as a "running motor" but I have discovered the motor is stuck and won't turn over. He swears it ran 5 months ago when he put the rebuilt carbs on. The car has practically no rust...just a little in the hell hole. Longs, trunks, floor boards are in great shape. The motor is extremly clean and looks like a rebuilt...painted tin, no grease yada, yada. The wheels are "interceptors" I believe 6 inch and have a great offset that allows a very wide tire under a stock wheel well. Windshield is cracked. I will include a nice set of freshly powder coated bumpers with the car (no chrome bumpers).

Anyway, I have few choices.
1. Sell the car as is
2. Pull the motor, get it running and sell the car as a running driver for extra $
3. Part it out

I would prefer to get my investment back out with option 1 and not invest any time into the car. If that doesn't fly then possibly option 2 or 3.

I would prefer not to part it out since this car could be a great little car.

Price as it sits: $1181

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Nov 7 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Stop tempting me. Sweet deal, I'm sure it'll go fast. I've seen junk advertised for more.
+Quote Post
bekgroup
post Nov 7 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #3

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 3,469

Please give me a call tomorrow at 415 725 6119

Thanks,

Bill
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Nov 8 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #4

Love these little cars!

Here is a couple of pics from the previous owner's ad when the car was real dirty....and a link to that ad here on the world site.
Amazing what a bath will do!
An extra front hood is included if you choose to use it. The one on it has a slight kink right about the gas filler neck. You can see from the underside of the hood where someone shut the hood when something was sitting on the gas tank expansion tank...like a gas cap. Front of car has a real nice LE spoiler and fog lights. The powder coated front bumper will include painted grills as well or chrome ones...your choice.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Montgomery
post Nov 23 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #5

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 9,783

I'm interested- can you provide any contact information? Please email me at DavidMMontgomery@gmail.com so we can talk further
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Nov 24 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #6

Love these little cars!

Even though this car ad says "pending," it for all purposes is sold. The buyer has placed a down payment and will pay the balance when he picks it up. The deal should be complete in the next two weeks...for those who are in backup position. I will contact you in that order if there is a change.
Thank you, Mark
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:47 PM