Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Window Replacement, So what is "Solbit TWS 8mm"
jesiv
post Nov 10 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,975
Region Association: Northern California

Ok, so I finally got around to installing my rear window. Of course I first had to remove my existing window. After removing the seats and back pad I could clearly see where the bottom of the window glass was not bonding to (what I thought was) butyl tape. As I started attacking the window, I was praising the PO for using silicon, more butyl tape on the top and on the sides of the window. I guess the PO was worried that the water would run up over the window and not leak from the bottom where the PO had not installed any additional silicon caulking or butyl tape.

So after hours coaxing the window finally was free. I started the task of cleaning the area so install my new “rear defroster” window! I also discovered how the rear window wiring harness goes from engine relay board to the inside of the car. But what surprised me the most was when I started removing the lower caulking and noticed it contain a wire. So I started researching and found that in the stock manuals that you use

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Solbit TWS 8mm length 10’ 6” checkout the instructions

So does anyone know where you can get this?

Regards,

James

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 11:00 PM