Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Tank / line question
tod914
post Nov 29 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Been browsing a bunch of previous posts, couldn't find what I was looking for.
Car is a 74 2.0. The fuel pump was relocated to the front. I'm in the process of
replaceing all the line under the gas tank and on the pump. Don't like the stuff that they used. All the other lines I replaced under and in the engine bay including the step hose, and the 7x13 german hp braided line.
So, I have the 7x13 high pressure line, but what is the other size line that is required ? All I seen in posts are 3/8 ths. What is the metric size I would need.
I havent pulled the tank, trying to do it from under the car. Is the feed and return lines/nozzles on the tank itself the same or 2 different sizes?
Also taking Cpts suggestion with the metal bmw filters. Other question, The step
hose that is now in place in the rear fender well is going to a filter, and then to the engine bay line. ( car has 2 filters in it now, 1 before the pump, and the later). With metal filters, is that acceptable? I'm under the impression it's not a good idea to use the plastic one back there.

Thanks again

Tod
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 01:36 AM