Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is this 914 for sale a GOOD BUY FOR ME?, The Man know's greatness , I wanna learn about greatness, greatnes
sam quartermain
post Feb 19 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #1

The desire for glory is not a sin, TY COBB

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,011
Region Association: None

I've been in the market for a 914 going on about 1 yr now , this forum has advised me very well in the past .

Here is a car i've found that is only 10 miles from me , seller list's car for sale ,6k

my question is , is this good value for the buy. because my budget is really 3-5k

other questions is there or should there be a price trade off between cars with

f.i vs carbs or , 1-7 , 1-8 or 2.0 ????

and as a driver , what setup is best , because alot of the cars i've been looking at are set up differently and i'd like to hear what the difference's from behind the wheel are with these different engine set up's .????

I'm going to be doing freeway miles mostly , so what works best and most reliable in a high mileage 70mph constant speed.???

also , what are the hp/tor numbers for these engine and combinations . i've heard about a 5k type IV that just bolt's up , so if I could find a car that's pristine then I could make it ass ripper and reliable for 5k more , just some thoughts would help ???

__________________+++++++++++++++++__________+++++++++________

1976 914 2.0 - $6000 (MONTEREY PARK)

GREAT CONDITION CAR WITH ONLY 3 PREVIOUS OWNERS. ALWAYS GARAGED IN SO. CAL AREA CALL FOR MORE INFO
FUEL INJECTED, 2.0 ALLOYS MOVING MUST SELL

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:38 AM