Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Factory repaints ?, did they
scotty b
post Feb 27 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

So as I started getting into Mikes car I found a 3 rd color on it. Origianlly it was silver now it is blue. In between the two was a mint green. I thought little of it at first. Then I got into the trunk and more specifically the gas tank. This color I am most certain is a 911 color. I don't know the name or code but I have seen it before on late 70's 911's and 930's. Why I wonder if it a factory color change is that it was a VERY thorough job. The green goes down into the well under the tank and all the way under the dash, meaning the gas tank and all dash components ( air intake ) were at some point removed. This doesn't make sense to me to have been done in the last 15 years because the cars weren't that well known or cared for. Any thoughts ???

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
scotty b   Factory repaints ?   Feb 27 2009, 07:49 PM
iamchappy   Is it possible that the silver was a metallic base...   Feb 27 2009, 07:55 PM
scotty b   Is it possible that the silver was a metallic bas...   Feb 27 2009, 08:01 PM
mein_tag   B)-->

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:40 PM