Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch Trouble, Trying to diagnose a shifting problem.
rebelmdot
post Mar 9 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #1

914ini

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,625
Region Association: South East States

First and foremost, I have used the search function and did not come up with what I was looking for.

My car will not go into gear. I resurrected a car that had been sitting for 6 years. I drove it for a week and put 200 miles on it once running. On the way home on a Friday evening it started becoming very difficult to get into gear even with the clutch pedal to the floor, and ultimately would not go into gear at all. I am finally able to dedicate some time to fixing it and think after what I have read, that it is the clutch cable, the clutch tube breaking loose, or it may even need a new clutch as I do not know the condition that this one was in when it was parked and 6 years of sitting could not have been good for it. What is the best way to diagnose?

If you have a thread, a link to a thread, or suggestions on how to use the search function to get to a useful thread, I would appreciate it. I am sure that there are many on each of these, so if there is a favorite or one that would be most useful for a newbie mechanic, once again, I appreciate any input.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:43 PM