Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Welding respirator, Is Niosh TC-84-2460 what I want?
blabla914
post Mar 12 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #1

I like primer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,740
Region Association: None

I'm looking for a respirator to wear while welding. I am specifically concerned about gasses released as a result of zinc coatings on the parts being welded. I've found what looks to be a decent respirator rated NIOSH TC-84A-2460. I went to the NIOSH page and looked up the TC-84A spec. It appears these are strictly particulate filters. It is specifically listed as effective against Iron Oxide, Copper dust, and insecticide. I can't find anything about Zinc.

It seems to me if it is effective against airborne Iron Oxide particles, it is probably going to filter out zinc particles too. I would think the particles released would be of similar size and when it comes to particulate filters go, size matters.

Who out there has a welding respirator? What's it rated? Why did you pick that respirator?

Thanks for the help.

Kelly
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:11 PM