Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 2.0 refuses to start
Frank Lolkema
post Mar 28 2009, 05:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,503

I have a problem with my ´73 2.0 with the original fuel injection that drives me crazy!
I have completely overhauled the engine. After putting it back in I can not get it to start with the starter motor. The motor crancks but it will not start. When I pull it with another car it will start instantly. Using jumper cables from a car that is running at 3500 rpm does not help. Here is what I have done so far:

Replaced the battery with a new one;
Checked all the wires and connections, everything is set up correctly and the connectors are all oke, I´ve used contactspray on all contacts;
Replaced the spark plugs with new ones, left the new ones in, put the old ones in the caps and crancked the engine, all spark plugs give a good fat spark;
Set the timing;
Replaced the starter motor with a different one;
Checked the ground strap from the gearbox the the chassis;
Attached a starter cable from the gearbox directly onto the negative lead off the battery to elimanate ground strap problems;
Checked the fuel injectors, they all inject fuel when the enige is crancked;
Put in fresh new fuel;
Airfilter is new;

I really don´t know what else to try. When the engine runs, it runs perfectly, very strong, no smoke, no misfires, no strange noises. When I switch it of warm it also refuses to be started in the conventional way. I really don´t know what else to look for, it drives me crazy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Anybody have an idea of what I can/should look for?

Frank
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:21 PM