Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Caliper options for my 911 front end, Better brakes with 15 inch wheels...how about 968
nsr-jamie
post Mar 31 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #1

914 guy in Japan

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

Hello,

I have a 71 911T front end on my car with the early 3 inch struts (M calipers I think). It works pretty good but the calipers are not the greatest and was thinking to upgrade to something better but still keep the 15 inch Fuch alloy wheels on the car.

I also have some other 911 struts here which I believe are from a SC model that have bad inserts and the 3.5 inch spacing but no calipers...

I was thinking of going with the later struts and finding some nice calipers for them but would like to keep the 15 inch wheels. There seems to be good deals on 968 calipers (front and rear) here locally and wonder if anybody has done something like that.

I also saw in the Automation/Performance Products catalog that they have a big brake kit to fit 15 inch wheels and that looks good and will fit the 3.5 inch struts but kind of pricey...does anybody know what those calipers are off of? 944 Turbo or something like that?

Both of my front ends need new inserts

Can I use my 911T A arms with the 911SC struts ?

Anything would be nice or some pictures of other peoples conversions,

Thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 10:53 PM