Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT: 914 Event Etiquette, and a couple of other questions...
dbgriffith75
post Apr 2 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #1

TheGrif

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,945
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So I've been wanting to attend a 914 event since pretty much the time I signed up for the boards and found out they were going on. I'm not partial to any specific car show I just like going to them, and it would really be nice to be able to see some of your teeners in person. Problem is, so far the closest event I've seen is the upcoming Mid Engine Invasion-- wait, no, the one in Colorado, that'd be the closest one to me-- either way, obviously it's a road trip for me to get to one.

So I'm just curious about a couple of things- first of all, when is the next 914 Event after the Mid Engine Invasion and where? I'd really like to go to the Invasion, but I just can't make it.

Second, would it be wrong, if say, a guy wanted to bring a teener with the intentions of selling some parts? I only ask because, since I couldn't finish my own resto, I've been parting it out to recover my expenses. It's not that I'd only go to an event just to sell parts- I am genuinely interested in going to one to have fun and meet some of you guys from the boards and do whatever the heck it is you guys do at an event. But if I have a cars worth of spare parts, and there's guys there interested in those parts, it can't hurt right? Plus said buyers would be saving on shipping costs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Also, we'd be saving some teener parts from an almost certain death in the scrap yard.

Just wanted to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) around and see what you guys had to say about this. I doubt if I'd make a gathering on one of the coasts, but if there's some closer to the midwest in the up and coming months I'd really like to start planning to go.

Thanks!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dbgriffith75   SOT: 914 Event Etiquette   Apr 2 2009, 02:43 PM
ConeDodger   Speaking only for the WCR I would say there is no ...   Apr 2 2009, 02:59 PM
rick 918-S   Actually, a big part of the Hershey event IS the s...   Apr 2 2009, 03:24 PM
Vacca Rabite   Indeed. If you come to Hershey with the car, you ...   Apr 2 2009, 03:48 PM
SirAndy   The rules for our events are pretty simple: - No...   Apr 2 2009, 03:58 PM
Vacca Rabite   The rules for our events are pretty simple: - N...   Apr 2 2009, 04:10 PM
r_towle   The rules for our events are pretty simple: - N...   Apr 2 2009, 04:43 PM
Phoenix 914-6GT   :idea: Seems a little backwards :poke: :evilgrin:...   Apr 2 2009, 04:03 PM
Joe Sharp   Why would you pay any attention to any of these gu...   Apr 2 2009, 05:02 PM
ejm   Why would you pay any attention to any of these g...   Apr 2 2009, 07:13 PM
Sleepin   There is a rule for the Colorado/Utah/Arizona even...   Apr 2 2009, 07:31 PM
dbgriffith75   Note: I'm trying to quote everybody with this ...   Apr 3 2009, 04:58 AM
mojorisen914   :ttiwwp:   Apr 3 2009, 08:03 AM
dflesburg   Good Grief, more wine and cheeze. Come to ohio, p...   Apr 3 2009, 09:18 AM
dbgriffith75   Good Grief, more wine and cheeze. Come to ohio, ...   Apr 3 2009, 01:02 PM
messix   cars get "detailed" during the night by ...   Apr 3 2009, 01:12 PM
SirAndy   cars get "detailed" during the night by...   Apr 3 2009, 04:30 PM
dbgriffith75   [quote name='messix' post='1153635' date='Apr 3 2...   Apr 4 2009, 04:29 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 11:14 PM