Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.8 w ljet takes a lot of cranking to start, need feedback please
jsayre914
post Apr 26 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Speed Up !!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

with my 2.0 d-jet i would turn the key on and off a few times befor i would crank it, and it started right up... cold or hot. It also had the fuel pump hooked directly to the postive on the coil.

Now with the 1.8, when i turn the key on and off a few times i hear nothing. Then when i turn to crank it, i hear the fuel pump running, but it cvranks and cranks and then starts.

This morning i thought i was killing my starter and battery. I dont want to fry the ignition switch.

what do you think might be the problem, i am almost willing to hook up my fuel pump incorrectly to see if it starts right up like it used to.

The starter is less than a year old, and the condition of the ljet, needs refreshing. car runs with a little hesitation, i think from the throttle switch is worn. (bucking) and i have no power in 5th gear at all. i hear a very low hollw sound when i push the gas down at this speed. When i ease up on the pedal sometimes i can pick up a little speed. (is that lack of fuel?) plenty of power in 4th gear.

cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 12:19 PM