Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Intermittant idle and losing power, Fuel lines clear to the fuel filter
Trav012000
post Apr 27 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,583
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Awhile back I sealed my gas tank to prevent the rust flakes from getting into my fuel lines and causing this exact problem I'm about to explain.

A couple days ago I was driving her home when she felt like she was hesitating. It would still drive, it'd just hesitate if I pressed down too hard. So I came back the next morning and tried starting it up, the idle was jumping dropping every once in awhile. Now I'm to the point that if I hit the gas while parked it will rev up, then die like it's starved of fuel. The fuel pump working fine, I pulled off the fuel line on the other side of the fuel filter and the pressure looked okay.

Anyone have any suggestions. I did pick up some pistons and cylinders over the weekend that I'm hoping to put in in the next few weeks since one of mine doesnt make any compression and another only makes about half. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Running dual webers on a 2.0L '76
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 11:27 PM