Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What month in 73 did 74 model year production begin, What month in 73 did 74 model year production begin?
Brisco914prc
post May 6 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,586
Region Association: Northern California

Is there any published information regarding what month in 1973 the 1974 model year production began? Brett Johnson's 914 Authenticity does not contain that information.

My understanding is that in that era, and earlier, Porsche typically began production of the new model year after the August vacation period. So that would mean that 1974 914 model year production began in late August / early September.

I'm interested because there is a 914 built in July 1973 that has a 1974 rear bumper on it (the style with the two rubber bumper guards). My assumption is that is not the original bumper to the car because a July 1973 car should be a 1973 model year 914.

The car does not appear to show any rear end accident damage or repair that would have caused the original bumper to be replaced. But of course I can't be sure of that.

thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:55 PM