Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need HELP identifying this part, Missing Cylinder Head attachment for Flashback Valve hose
celluloid3
post May 26 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,555
Region Association: None

Hey Everybody-
So I'm trying to find a part that's missing from my Cylinder Head on the passenger
side just behind the valve. There are one on each side of the engine w/hoses that
connect to the Flashback Valve, the one that is still there seems pretty securely in
place leading me to believe its threaded on the end that goes into the Head/Case.
It was only discovered missing after our Bear Mountain Run when Rory looked at my
car. From the rough driving I had oil in the engine compartment from it splashing out
in the hard turns we were taking. It must not have been there when I bought the car,
because the engine was dry (don't think the previous owner ever drove it that hard)
and the ride back from Massachusetts wasn't exactly curvy by any standards, so I never noticed oil spilling.
It also could not have fallen out of the engine compartment with the hose attached so, that's why I think it was missing for a while...

My engine is a 73 1.7L, any help Identifying and Locating this part would be really helpful.
Attached is a diagram showing the part, but no number/description is listed anywhere in either of the books I have...

Thanks for the help in advance,
Marko

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 12:56 PM