Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT-1971-6 Factory Porsche on E-Bay(Buyer's Beware), This car came out of the "Rusty" MI. not CA!!!
TJB/914
post Jul 3 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Mid-Engn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey Guys,

Ref: 1971 914-6 Red Porsche on E-Bay out of Concord, CA. Bids are now up to $5K+

I hope this is not one of our 914-6 guy's?? I just want to run the red flag up on the seller's E-Bay discription. Maybe they don't know or maybe they do.

I can't remember who the local MI owner was (maybe Jim C or Tom K) but it was here in MI a long time. I was interested in it because it's a rare 1971-6 and was sitting in a Holland, West MI. car lot in February 2004. They had a hard time selling because it had motor issues and lots of other issues. I passed because it was rough. rough. I am passing this on because the discription is full of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) and we need to protect our 914 friends.

I am sure it's a real 1971 914-6, but buyer's beware before you overpay. I don't know how to post the E-Bay thread here so can review what the seller said.

CA born?? Nadda.
69K Milage?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
No Rust?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
Etc.?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
Orig Motor?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
Contact the seller for more details, because there is more to the story. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Here's a couple photo's I took on February 25th. 2004 in Holland MI. I think it sold for somewhere around $10K in 2004 with issues.

Tom

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:48 AM