Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> so close.. 2.0 weber 44s drives and misses
gotxqss
post Jul 9 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,788

So did some searching.. Did some reading.. Have had this car for awhile and finally got off the ass to start tinkerin!

Cars a 75 with a 2.0 from another car.. Could be stock could be rebuilt I have no clue.. Guessing its a stock or mildly touched motor.. I had a buddy come over and get it idling pretty good.

Set float levels
Cleaned and put back together
Set linkage that sorta stuff

Just a quik list of the main parts as there might be a section that's just flatout needs attention .

Weber 44idf
32 venturi
175 air (I think these need to be higher?)
55 idles
F11 et
140 main

So anyway hopefully 1 of those things will standout to try to get me closer..

Haven't driven the car alll that much but from what I have. It will idle and rev well, the super low speed low rpm stuff feels decent but the midrange has stumbles. At a steady cruise it will pop as well. If I get in the gas pretty hard down low(under 2500rpm) it will be pretty dead till about 4k and then pulls really well to 6k.

So of course something is off but I don't have a weber guru here in vegas that I know of that can just handle it so now im asking for help..

Maybe there are some things that im missing to get me closer..

I do have 50 idles and 135 mains laying around..

Thanks guys.. Ill keep up and get this handled!!!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 09:47 PM