Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need a fuel pump, can I use use non OEM, I don't need Concours just want to drive
Gigamight
post Jul 22 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,454
Region Association: Middle East

Like the title says, I am wondering if anyone has ever just used an aftermarket inline fuel pump rather than one of the crazy expensive ones that are made for these cars. I have helped friends put together hot rods and they used a regular inline pump with a regulator. Can this be done with our cars? If so, can anyone tell me what the specs are so I can get the correct regulator for a 73 1.7?

I know this may be considered blasphemy by some, but I just want my car on the road, I can make it more like stock later, and my funds are becoming more and more limited with this thing. Every time I turn around I am back at the parts store or looking for another replacement part... sheesh, how do you guys do this without going nuts?

P.S. Some of you might remember me from earlier posts. Just so you know, I am still parting out that first car, but I have since bought 1 great roller, 2 more parts cars, and someone let me strip another one for free (got some awesome stuff from that one, pics to come once I am done). So I am sorry that I have not sold any of the parts off of the first car, but I am waiting now to see what I might need and what I have extras of, sorry for the irritation this may have caused some. But, once I am done, I will have LOTS of extra parts in extremely nice shape, so I'll share then.

P.P.S. If there is anyone in Ohio that needs some sheet metal, I might be able to help out, I have one that needs to be cut up since it won't roll without wheels (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 06:15 PM