Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: A glimpse at my old job :)
Dr Evil
post Aug 2 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFRHoYUgnYg

This is a video sent to me by one of my friends in New Orleans. The victim had his foot almost amputated by a bull shark. My Friend, Jeff, was one of my students. I met him when he was just a deck ape on my old ship and I was part of the aviation detachment on a cruise to the South Pacific. I would hold sessions up in the hanger when anyone interested in going into aviation could come up and ask questions, look at anything and actually touch the helicopter. When I was just a deck ape, the hanger was not very welcoming so I tried to change that paradigm. This hoist was not too difficult as the seas are not rough and the weather was calm, but that speed boat was pretty tiny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I am pretty proud of Jeff, he has become an outstanding airman. Makes me miss my old job, a lot. Oh ya, he is doing my old job operating the hoist and controlling the helo on scene. He is not the swimmer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:54 PM