Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Late metal bumpers and valances, questions...
Gint
post Aug 4 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #1

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I pulled the late metal bumpers with boobies from my 74 zambeziteen last weekend and noticed the fronts have an additional bracket behind the tits on the backside of the bumpers. They are sandwhiched in between the back of the bumper and the dogbone bracket. It's hard even for me to believe, but I've never seen these before. All of the late metal bumpers I have bought and are laying around here don't have them, including the set of chromies I'm putting back on the car. Were these on all the late metal boobie bumpers? Sorry, no pics because it was late when I finished yesterday.

I want to do a quick cheap reapaint of the front, rear and side valances on my car also while the bumpers are off. I've seen some things lately about different paint, undercoat, spray can bedliner solutions etc... but haven't searched yet. What can I use for a quickie spray bomb job? I just want to spruce up until I can regroup and send them all off to a real painter.

Edit: Nevermind on the valances. Found a great recent thread <- Click Here

This post has been edited by Gint: Aug 4 2009, 09:47 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:11 PM