Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Leaking fuel pump, Need new fuel pump for my '73 914 2.0L FI
velum
post Aug 19 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,135
Region Association: None

Hi everybody,

The fuel pump in my '73 914 2.0L FI is leaking and I need to replace it. I was a bit upset to discover that this part is discontinued, and then I found "rebuilds" at AutomobileAtlanta. Well, after installing three of their so called "rebuilds" that were not working, they admitted that they are selling imitations made in China (http://www.autoatlanta.org/detail.lasso?Pa...ial_number=7902). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) They will refund me, but what a watse of time.

Now, I am not sure of what I can do. I searched the web, and all I can find are all kinds of fuel pumps for the 914 (like inline fuel pumps) that have only two hose connections on them. Mine has three. I also read discussion threads from people using non-oem fuel pumps in their 914s and some of them had problems after a while. In other words, I would feel much better, if I could find an OEM fuel pump. Do you know if someone still sells them?

Another alternative would be to fix my fuel pump, but I don't know if that is possible at all.

Cheers!

JF
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:03 AM