Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> R.I.P. Wes Vann
nihkon
post Aug 19 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,696
Region Association: None

Hi, I do not own a 914. I just joined this site to let you guys in on some sad news.

I'm deeply saddened to have to bring the new that Wes Vann passed away recently. He died from coronary disease on June 22, 2009. It's a bummer that we're finding this out so far after it happened. I'd like to think that I'm a small group of people that keep in fairly constant contact with him, and it still took me a month and a half to find out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'm sure there are many many people out there that either knew him personally, or at least were helped along at some point by him or his website. ( Wes Vann's Honda Page )

Let's get a thread going where we can all share our "Wes stories." photos, etc.

One of my favorite things about Wes was his insatiable appetite to "teach." For those that have been to his house, you know all too well that he never does the work for you. He always teaches you how to do it. Gotta love that. :thumbup:

I'll end with one of my favorite photos of Wes:

(IMG:http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/nihkonco/misc/wes/d_06.jpg)

I'll miss ya buddy!! You were a great friend!!

This was a "copy and paste" from a thread that I posted in a Honda forum (it was through Honda's that I met Wes). I wanted to post the news here since I know he was so involved with this site during his last project, the "914a":
http://www.performanceforum.com/wesvann/914a/index.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 08:27 AM