Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914: Cost of running compared to 944?
schlag
post Apr 2 2003, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 503

Hey, I'm a college student and have a 944. It's actually quite a basket case of a 944 (I was stupid when I bought it, selecting one of the first ones that came along) but I've gotten it into quite good condition. The only thing left is the body restoration and some minor mechanicals.

Anyhow, I was thinking - after I get the 944 into the "near perfect" shape I'm aiming for, would it be prudent to pick up a nice 914 as a 'second car'? I ask, because I'm very tired of borrowing relatives cars when my 944 is down for upgrades or repair. I figure, with a 944 and a 914, at least one will be in working order at any given time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have some other questions.. compared to the 944, how is the 914 on maintenance? It seems like a much simpler design (a good thing). Also, how reliable of a design is it?

I work just shy of full time in the MIS/computer field as well as going to school, and while I don't make a -ton- of money, I make quite a bit more than most college students. Additionally, I commute to school and have no bills.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:35 PM