Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.7 CIS mouting studs, also: one frozen stud
Scott S
post Aug 31 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

Hi All -
I am continuing to strip down the new motor. I still can get over how clean it is (even under the fan shroud). Other than a small crank case breather leak, all appears to be tight.

I have removed all of the CIS, including the throttle bracket plate. This was attached to the block on studs that go into the case and then through holes in the fan shroud. Being that I am going to carbs, can I remove these studs?

Also, I know I need longer intake studs when going to carbs. I was able to remove the existing ones pretty easily - except for one (of course). I have soaked the thing in pentrating oil for days - but it is still tight as can be. Should I heat it up with a torch? Our local Tool King has a cool looking stud puller that goes over the entire stud and uses a breaker bar - are these any good? I am just using the double-nut technique now....

Thanks!!!!!!
Scott S
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 08:19 AM