Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help deciding what car to buy., PLEASE HELP!!!
carr914
post Oct 13 2009, 05:31 AM
Post #21

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Steve, Sometimes things can get misconstrued on the Internet. The way I understood your 1st post was you explaining that you could not afford to make a mistake for Your car due to you being single and father to a young girl. I think some of the others thought the car was for your daughter.

Congrats on your purchase of the car out in CA. I had encouraged to look there in a pm. I hope that after the beginning of next year, that we can get a Mid-Florida 914 get together. That will give you a chance to have your car for a little bit, and rfuerst, bcheney, watsonrx and I time to get our cars running.

T.C.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Oct 13 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,799

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 13 2009, 07:31 AM) *

Steve, Sometimes things can get misconstrued on the Internet. The way I understood your 1st post was you explaining that you could not afford to make a mistake for Your car due to you being single and father to a young girl. I think some of the others thought the car was for your daughter.

Congrats on your purchase of the car out in CA. I had encouraged to look there in a pm. I hope that after the beginning of next year, that we can get a Mid-Florida 914 get together. That will give you a chance to have your car for a little bit, and rfuerst, bcheney, watsonrx and I time to get our cars running.

T.C.

oh ok.
the way you understood it is correct.
no just being a single father can be expense.
hell being a parent is expensive.
i was just saying that for the money i am spending i know there ARE real nice cars.
i cant afford to end up with a car that needs floors, needs firewall, needs longs etc.

if i get much bigger the car might end up being my daughters car in 3 and a half years.

a 265 pound old fat man getting in a 914 is gonna be a funny sight for you guys.
get your video cameras ready.
i am gonna be a youtube star.
SUPERSTAR!!!
+Quote Post
orange914
post Oct 13 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #23

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(steveherman @ Oct 13 2009, 12:58 AM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 10 2009, 04:26 PM) *

not trying to rain on your idea, but you may want to consider a nice used civic or the likes as a inexpensive safe and reliable first car. if you must at least get the nicest solid 914 out there to start off with. i've been through the "lets build your first car" with both my boys (mustang & 914) and in hinde site i would never do that again simply for safety and reliability. get a builder if your daughter is interested in a second or "special" car or you are interested. statistics are a new drivers have 100% chance of an accident. which would you have your daughter in until thats out of the way? thank god when mine went thru a cinderblock wall he had air bags or the other one flipped over it was in a honda (i won't say anymore) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) but the nice 914 is set aside, used for fun and will last many more years this way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

mike

FIRST CAR?
huh?
wow that was WAY OUT THERE

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 13 2009, 04:31 AM) *

T.C.

my appologies, i thought you were talking about getting a first car for you're daughter.

mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Oct 13 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 10,799

QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 13 2009, 07:44 PM) *

QUOTE(steveherman @ Oct 13 2009, 12:58 AM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 10 2009, 04:26 PM) *

not trying to rain on your idea, but you may want to consider a nice used civic or the likes as a inexpensive safe and reliable first car. if you must at least get the nicest solid 914 out there to start off with. i've been through the "lets build your first car" with both my boys (mustang & 914) and in hinde site i would never do that again simply for safety and reliability. get a builder if your daughter is interested in a second or "special" car or you are interested. statistics are a new drivers have 100% chance of an accident. which would you have your daughter in until thats out of the way? thank god when mine went thru a cinderblock wall he had air bags or the other one flipped over it was in a honda (i won't say anymore) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) but the nice 914 is set aside, used for fun and will last many more years this way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

mike

FIRST CAR?
huh?
wow that was WAY OUT THERE

QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 13 2009, 04:31 AM) *

T.C.

my appologies, i thought you were talking about getting a first car for you're daughter.

mike (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

no sweat
+Quote Post
charliew
post Oct 14 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

Me too on the first time driver.

I have a 300lb friend that used to have a honda crx. Of course that was about 1978. Also it was his 100 wife's daily driver. He wanted to race my 77 celica gt but I reminded him if he was driving he had a real weight disadvantage. With yourself and a passenger the power to weight will not be very much fun in a stock 914. But your are in specs. It seems like I remember the sticker said occupant capacity was 480 lbs on the front pass fenderwell or on the firewall.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 10:09 AM