Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It's all clear to me now. (914 debacle), Why it went lean.
Zeke
post Mar 14 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Never left, but not right....

Group: Members
Member No.: 197
Region Association: None

A week and a half later it now becomes clear what went wrong at Willow Springs. On the first warm up lap of the day, the car went dead. No power to the coil. Got towed in. After dicking around with the electritestacles for an hour and tracing the problem to the relay board (almost certain), I decided to run a jumper to the ignition switch. Fine, now it runs again.

I go find out there's 10 minutes left in the 2nd session and jump in and take off. Made one lap and you've all seen the results.

What happened: While in the engine bay I had the dist cap off, and some other wires. Particularly the postive coil wire because of the Pertronix. (You can't leave the ignition hot while testing and have power go th the Pertronix. It will burn up in a minute.) Well, there were more hands in the engine than mine and the dizzy got turned. No one to blame but me here. Should have been tighter. Anyway, that's it. It was an 050 which has more total advance. That coupled with hot race gas put me out of the racing business.

MikeZ will carry on from here. I want to see that car kick some ass. Some of your asses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif)

Things happen for a reason. I believe in fate. I'm looking forward to what life offers up next.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 11:26 AM