Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Please help/ need advice, Rocker- Rust
ILM914
post Oct 18 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,126
Region Association: None

Hi All: I am taking my car apart and have found some rust holes along the bottom of the inner Rocker panel inside the car. They are about an inch and some smaller. On the same side there are some small holes in the floorpan that I think can be treated and sealed with POR 15 which I plan to use throughout the car. I also found water around the Pedal cluster, where is that coming in from? Anyway, any advise on this is greatly appreciated. I am trying to not go through the whole cut the entire rocker/s out and weld in new one's until the car frame gets really bad. Right now the car seems pretty structurally sound. Perhaps I can cut out a little more around the rust to give me getter acess to treat inside the rocker, then weld sheet metal or fiberglass patch the opening? Or maybe just leave it open?

Oh there is also a small rust hole all the way through the driver side sail panel under where the side vinyl sticks on. I can't get to the inner part to treat it with POR-15, just the outside. Any sugestions on the best way to treat this area?

Thank you for the help, Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:03 AM