Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

37 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing, Please visit www.volksbraggin.com/914 for info
poorsche914
post Oct 28 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

As of March 2011, all racing information will be posted at the official Teener Simracing League web site which is http://www.volksbraggin.com/914

Of the 400+ cars available in game there are several Porsches but more importantly, there is a 914/6 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
For those not familiar with the game, you can upgrade the car with suspension, brakes, drivetrain, tires, etc, etc. Can even paint them any color and add vinyl for stripes, sponsors, graphics, etc. I added the hood stripes and PORSCHE text on the car in the pictures below.

If anyone here has an Xbox and FM3, send a Friend Request to STEMISCH and we can go race on some truly awesome tracks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

4 Minute Multi Camera Video...
High Res Version (126mb): http://www.volksbraggin.com/forza3/914DownhillKaido.mpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPzRG1bVb0s

Short videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWei-I5bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYQua1N8I0w
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Oct 28 2009, 06:09 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

That would be about the one thing to push me over the edge to get the Xbox360.....I have been waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to come out for three years now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Oct 28 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

GT2 had it as well. I've got a L80E/6 in my virtual garage !
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Oct 28 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #4

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Ah man ... all I have is the original XBox and Gotham Racing 2.

Carry on ..........................
+Quote Post
Brent
post Oct 29 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #5

Every month is Oktober

Member No.: 3,291
Region Association: Northern California

Looks like I am getting a new game tomorrow!!!! Sweet. We primarily play Halo3, but this will be a great addition. You will be getting my friend request.
-Brent
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Oct 29 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #6

T4 Supercharged

QUOTE(Brent @ Oct 29 2009, 05:16 AM) *

Looks like I am getting a new game tomorrow!!!! Sweet. We primarily play Halo3, but this will be a great addition. You will be getting my friend request.
-Brent

Brent -
Looking forward to racing with you. This newest version has some fantastic tracks for the 914 and other cars built for handling. Once I get a video configured correctly, I will post.

steve
+Quote Post
johannes
post Oct 29 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #7

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

Could make me buy the f**king box ...

For instance I only drive 914-6 GT in GT Legends and R-Factor on PC.
+Quote Post
Eddie914
post Oct 29 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #8

Unregistered

Can the 914/6 be modified to GT spec's?

Flared fenders?
Bigger wheels/tires? ... less oversteer?

In Forza Motorsport 2, I was never able to specify staggered wheel/tires.

Thanks

Eddie
+Quote Post
6freak
post Oct 29 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #9

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

theres better coming out soon...... something to do with this big computer company in the Pacific North West...geee who could that be...Im gonna make a phone call and see what the man says
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Oct 29 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #10

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Member No.: 4,523

QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Oct 29 2009, 11:18 AM) *

Can the 914/6 be modified to GT spec's?

Flared fenders?
Bigger wheels/tires? ... less oversteer?

In Forza Motorsport 2, I was never able to specify staggered wheel/tires.

Thanks

Eddie

Still no fender flares (just like FM2), but you can now specify staggered size front to rear. Basically wheel width is now a front/rear setting value.
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Oct 29 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:28 AM) *

theres better coming out soon...... something to do with this big computer company in the Pacific North West...geee who could that be...Im gonna make a phone call and see what the man says

You lost me there. If you are saying Microsoft is going to be releasing a racing game, soon?... This game is it.
+Quote Post
HeloMech
post Oct 29 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #12

Go Ahead, Get Pistoph!

Member No.: 4,718
Region Association: Southern California

So we're talking XB360 for the forza game? I have xbox, xbox 360, PS2 and Wii... They all make me dizzy.. but I play just until I wanna lie down and die. lol.
+Quote Post
6freak
post Oct 29 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #13

MR.C

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 29 2009, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:28 AM) *

You lost me there. If you are saying Microsoft is going to be releasing a racing game, soon?... This game is it.

well i was told not to say anything about it ,,,,thats why im gonna call him today and get the skinny ...he said xmas 2009
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Oct 29 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #14

I forgot to mention that my GamerTag is "Method X". Add me as a friend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Oct 29 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #15

T4 Supercharged

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 29 2009, 11:53 AM) *

I forgot to mention that my GamerTag is "Method X". Add me as a friend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sent FR.

+Quote Post
6freak
post Oct 29 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #16

MR.C

Well just got e-mail from Mr.McCrory, Microsoft Game Studios..Forza is the game and i will be sent a copy and some of the pictures they took here in Seattle two years ago.I have been holding the secret for that long....All the demensions of the 914-6 in that game where taken from my car over 1800 pictures and video as well ..I was also told my name would be in the credits,dont have my copy yet so i dont know ...he said it would be exactly like me car but i dont have euro linses? .....so heres the story! went to a car show at the triplex in a town just outside Seattle and i young man walks up and say is this your car? why yes it is I reply.Well my name is jeff and i work for Microsoft and we are developing a new game and we would like to have a 914 in the game do you mind if we take a few shots..by all means help your self..he replys not here we need to set up a photo shot somewhere..so Im thinking ok this guy is full of it .he gives me his card and say i will call you, again this guys full of it ..week later phone rings,Hi remember me Jeff from microsoft when can we do the shot ...how about wednesday at Boeing field sure he says! i will have the car there at 3pm.He agrees ,3pm rolls around and up pulls and man on a Ducate monster with a back pack and a skate board strapped to it , not Jeff i think to myself ,and he walks up the the car and say Michael! yes hello ,Im here to take some pictures of your car Jeff is on his way ,,Wow this is really gonna happen ...so they lay out grid marks all around the car and a height stick with a scale on it and start shoting...they went over the car with a fine tooth comb and took pix of everything from the peddles to gauge cluster ,lites on, lites off, fog lites on then off doors open then shut lids open then shut it was amazing rulers on the gauges to get the proper size 1852 pix later and 25 minutes of video ...we are done Mr Crandall thanks for your time we will send you a copy and some prints if you like .....No BS fellas ..cant wait to get my copy too see if my name is in the credits
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Oct 29 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #17

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238
Region Association: None

Looks cool. Unfortunately I am done with game consoles forever. If I can't run it on a PC, oh well, I guess I'll live without it.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Oct 29 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #18

T4 Supercharged

QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 01:42 PM) *

Well just got e-mail from Mr.McCrory, Microsoft Game Studios..Forza is the game and i will be sent a copy and some of the pictures they took here in Seattle two years ago.I have been holding the secret for that long....All the demensions of the 914-6 in that game where taken from my car over 1800 pictures and video as well ..I was also told my name would be in the credits,dont have my copy yet so i dont know ...he said it would be exactly like me car but i dont have euro linses? .....so heres the story! went to a car show at the triplex in a town just outside Seattle and i young man walks up and say is this your car? why yes it is I reply.Well my name is jeff and i work for Microsoft and we are developing a new game and we would like to have a 914 in the game do you mind if we take a few shots..by all means help your self..he replys not here we need to set up a photo shot somewhere..so Im thinking ok this guy is full of it .he gives me his card and say i will call you, again this guys full of it ..week later phone rings,Hi remember me Jeff from microsoft when can we do the shot ...how about wednesday at Boeing field sure he says! i will have the car there at 3pm.He agrees ,3pm rolls around and up pulls and man on a Ducate monster with a back pack and a skate board strapped to it , not Jeff i think to myself ,and he walks up the the car and say Michael! yes hello ,Im here to take some pictures of your car Jeff is on his way ,,Wow this is really gonna happen ...so they lay out grid marks all around the car and a height stick with a scale on it and start shoting...they went over the car with a fine tooth comb and took pix of everything from the peddles to gauge cluster ,lites on, lites off, fog lites on then off doors open then shut lids open then shut it was amazing rulers on the gauges to get the proper size 1852 pix later and 25 minutes of video ...we are done Mr Crandall thanks for your time we will send you a copy and some prints if you like .....No BS fellas ..cant wait to get my copy too see if my name is in the credits

Wow, that is pretty cool! The car has some good detail - new for this version is the interior details.
One thing I noticed was Euro lenses on front but US spec on back.
Not sure where to look for credits... must be there somewhere???
Be sure to let me know when you get the game.

I added a video to the first post showing the cockpit view.
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Oct 29 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #19

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

More video. Ask for a group buy rate!
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Oct 29 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #20

T4 Supercharged

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 29 2009, 01:55 PM) *

More video. Ask for a group buy rate!

I wil put more video on as I get it. Not an easy process - save replay, load replay, designate a 5 sec to 30 sec clip, save, upload to forza site, download to computer, convert from unreadable wmv to readable wmv, convert to avi, open in adobe after effects, save as mpg, upload to youTube, post to 914world. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

37 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:50 PM