Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Xbox Gamers? 914/6 Spec Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
poorsche914
As of March 2011, all racing information will be posted at the official Teener Simracing League web site which is http://www.volksbraggin.com/914

Of the 400+ cars available in game there are several Porsches but more importantly, there is a 914/6 aktion035.gif
For those not familiar with the game, you can upgrade the car with suspension, brakes, drivetrain, tires, etc, etc. Can even paint them any color and add vinyl for stripes, sponsors, graphics, etc. I added the hood stripes and PORSCHE text on the car in the pictures below.

If anyone here has an Xbox and FM3, send a Friend Request to STEMISCH and we can go race on some truly awesome tracks. driving.gif

4 Minute Multi Camera Video...
High Res Version (126mb): http://www.volksbraggin.com/forza3/914DownhillKaido.mpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPzRG1bVb0s

Short videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWei-I5bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYQua1N8I0w
Sleepin
That would be about the one thing to push me over the edge to get the Xbox360.....I have been waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to come out for three years now! headbang.gif
underthetire
GT2 had it as well. I've got a L80E/6 in my virtual garage !
SLITS
Ah man ... all I have is the original XBox and Gotham Racing 2.

Carry on ..........................
Brent
Looks like I am getting a new game tomorrow!!!! Sweet. We primarily play Halo3, but this will be a great addition. You will be getting my friend request.
-Brent
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Oct 29 2009, 05:16 AM) *

Looks like I am getting a new game tomorrow!!!! Sweet. We primarily play Halo3, but this will be a great addition. You will be getting my friend request.
-Brent

Brent -
Looking forward to racing with you. This newest version has some fantastic tracks for the 914 and other cars built for handling. Once I get a video configured correctly, I will post.

steve
johannes
Could make me buy the f**king box ...

For instance I only drive 914-6 GT in GT Legends and R-Factor on PC.
Eddie914
Can the 914/6 be modified to GT spec's?

Flared fenders?
Bigger wheels/tires? ... less oversteer?

In Forza Motorsport 2, I was never able to specify staggered wheel/tires.

Thanks

Eddie
6freak
theres better coming out soon...... something to do with this big computer company in the Pacific North West...geee who could that be...Im gonna make a phone call and see what the man says
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Oct 29 2009, 11:18 AM) *

Can the 914/6 be modified to GT spec's?

Flared fenders?
Bigger wheels/tires? ... less oversteer?

In Forza Motorsport 2, I was never able to specify staggered wheel/tires.

Thanks

Eddie

Still no fender flares (just like FM2), but you can now specify staggered size front to rear. Basically wheel width is now a front/rear setting value.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:28 AM) *

theres better coming out soon...... something to do with this big computer company in the Pacific North West...geee who could that be...Im gonna make a phone call and see what the man says

You lost me there. If you are saying Microsoft is going to be releasing a racing game, soon?... This game is it.
HeloMech
So we're talking XB360 for the forza game? I have xbox, xbox 360, PS2 and Wii... They all make me dizzy.. but I play just until I wanna lie down and die. lol.
6freak
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 29 2009, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:28 AM) *

You lost me there. If you are saying Microsoft is going to be releasing a racing game, soon?... This game is it.

well i was told not to say anything about it ,,,,thats why im gonna call him today and get the skinny ...he said xmas 2009
Richard Casto
I forgot to mention that my GamerTag is "Method X". Add me as a friend. smile.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 29 2009, 11:53 AM) *

I forgot to mention that my GamerTag is "Method X". Add me as a friend. smile.gif

Sent FR.

6freak
Well just got e-mail from Mr.McCrory, Microsoft Game Studios..Forza is the game and i will be sent a copy and some of the pictures they took here in Seattle two years ago.I have been holding the secret for that long....All the demensions of the 914-6 in that game where taken from my car over 1800 pictures and video as well ..I was also told my name would be in the credits,dont have my copy yet so i dont know ...he said it would be exactly like me car but i dont have euro linses? .....so heres the story! went to a car show at the triplex in a town just outside Seattle and i young man walks up and say is this your car? why yes it is I reply.Well my name is jeff and i work for Microsoft and we are developing a new game and we would like to have a 914 in the game do you mind if we take a few shots..by all means help your self..he replys not here we need to set up a photo shot somewhere..so Im thinking ok this guy is full of it .he gives me his card and say i will call you, again this guys full of it ..week later phone rings,Hi remember me Jeff from microsoft when can we do the shot ...how about wednesday at Boeing field sure he says! i will have the car there at 3pm.He agrees ,3pm rolls around and up pulls and man on a Ducate monster with a back pack and a skate board strapped to it , not Jeff i think to myself ,and he walks up the the car and say Michael! yes hello ,Im here to take some pictures of your car Jeff is on his way ,,Wow this is really gonna happen ...so they lay out grid marks all around the car and a height stick with a scale on it and start shoting...they went over the car with a fine tooth comb and took pix of everything from the peddles to gauge cluster ,lites on, lites off, fog lites on then off doors open then shut lids open then shut it was amazing rulers on the gauges to get the proper size 1852 pix later and 25 minutes of video ...we are done Mr Crandall thanks for your time we will send you a copy and some prints if you like .....No BS fellas ..cant wait to get my copy too see if my name is in the credits
zymurgist
Looks cool. Unfortunately I am done with game consoles forever. If I can't run it on a PC, oh well, I guess I'll live without it.
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 01:42 PM) *

Well just got e-mail from Mr.McCrory, Microsoft Game Studios..Forza is the game and i will be sent a copy and some of the pictures they took here in Seattle two years ago.I have been holding the secret for that long....All the demensions of the 914-6 in that game where taken from my car over 1800 pictures and video as well ..I was also told my name would be in the credits,dont have my copy yet so i dont know ...he said it would be exactly like me car but i dont have euro linses? .....so heres the story! went to a car show at the triplex in a town just outside Seattle and i young man walks up and say is this your car? why yes it is I reply.Well my name is jeff and i work for Microsoft and we are developing a new game and we would like to have a 914 in the game do you mind if we take a few shots..by all means help your self..he replys not here we need to set up a photo shot somewhere..so Im thinking ok this guy is full of it .he gives me his card and say i will call you, again this guys full of it ..week later phone rings,Hi remember me Jeff from microsoft when can we do the shot ...how about wednesday at Boeing field sure he says! i will have the car there at 3pm.He agrees ,3pm rolls around and up pulls and man on a Ducate monster with a back pack and a skate board strapped to it , not Jeff i think to myself ,and he walks up the the car and say Michael! yes hello ,Im here to take some pictures of your car Jeff is on his way ,,Wow this is really gonna happen ...so they lay out grid marks all around the car and a height stick with a scale on it and start shoting...they went over the car with a fine tooth comb and took pix of everything from the peddles to gauge cluster ,lites on, lites off, fog lites on then off doors open then shut lids open then shut it was amazing rulers on the gauges to get the proper size 1852 pix later and 25 minutes of video ...we are done Mr Crandall thanks for your time we will send you a copy and some prints if you like .....No BS fellas ..cant wait to get my copy too see if my name is in the credits

Wow, that is pretty cool! The car has some good detail - new for this version is the interior details.
One thing I noticed was Euro lenses on front but US spec on back.
Not sure where to look for credits... must be there somewhere???
Be sure to let me know when you get the game.

I added a video to the first post showing the cockpit view.
bandjoey
More video. Ask for a group buy rate!
poorsche914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 29 2009, 01:55 PM) *

More video. Ask for a group buy rate!

I wil put more video on as I get it. Not an easy process - save replay, load replay, designate a 5 sec to 30 sec clip, save, upload to forza site, download to computer, convert from unreadable wmv to readable wmv, convert to avi, open in adobe after effects, save as mpg, upload to youTube, post to 914world. blink.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 01:42 PM) *

Well just got e-mail from Mr.McCrory, Microsoft Game Studios..Forza is the game and i will be sent a copy and some of the pictures they took here in Seattle two years ago.I have been holding the secret for that long....

VERY cool. beerchug.gif

Post the photos they send and let us know if you show up in the credits. Usually for a game this large the credit list is pretty long. It may take you awhile to watch them all.
6freak
inside Looks good the gauge cluster looks correct and theres even the ashtray and has my steering wheel...Mr casto ..when you firt started the game was the car red ?? dont know where the got the euro lenses.....the hole idea of all the pix and measuring was to get it to scale and it looks like they did a nice job...and i dont have a antenna??...even the rearview mirror looks correct wipers on the correct side ....I have to say i think they got it right as they could for a video game
underthetire
Ok, i'm gonna buy it today! I was happy just having netflix streaming through the Xbox360 to my TV.
6freak
even got the windshield squirters piratenanner.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 11:42 AM) *

Wow! Very cool!!!! aktion035.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 03:10 PM) *

inside Looks good the gauge cluster looks correct and theres even the ashtray and has my steering wheel...Mr casto ..when you firt started the game was the car red ?? dont know where the got the euro lenses.....the hole idea of all the pix and measuring was to get it to scale and it looks like they did a nice job...and i dont have a antenna??...even the rearview mirror looks correct wipers on the correct side ....I have to say i think they got it right as they could for a video game

The default color is Orange. And when you purchase the car, you can designate one of I think 6 dealer colors. Later, in the paint booth, you can paint it any color including metallics and special colors such as chameleon (color changing).
The 914 has been in the FM game since the beginning. Added in FM3 is the interior details - which are pretty accurate - even down to the red heater control knob.
You can upgrade the engine, suspension, brakes, etc. as well as weight reduction. In this version you can add AWD WTF.gif and drivetrain from 996 (I think that was it). Just for grins, I built one with ALL the most potent upgrades - turned it into an R3 race car that doesn't handle all that great confused24.gif

Richard Casto
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 29 2009, 04:41 PM) *

Just for grins, I built one with ALL the most potent upgrades - turned it into an R3 race car that doesn't handle all that great confused24.gif

I think what happens is that as you add changes to the car it improves performance, but it is based upon some starting point and even if you max out a car it may not perform all that well. For example some of the more modern cars might have a better base "handling" value, so when maxed out, they should have an ultimate higher handling rating. What is nice about some of the older cars (such as the 914) is that they will start out with a low weight. So you should always have a decent power to weight ratio. I think what generally happens on a maxed out 914 is that they don't let you put enough rubber under the car and downforce to deal with the amount of power you can put in the car.

Then again a maxed out 1000 HP 914 might be a wicked beast regardless of the amount of tire and wing you have. driving.gif
poorsche914
^^^ With time spent tuning it, I am sure you could get it to where it is at least driveable. No longer remains a handling car but a bullet. Top speed without tweaking anything was over 200mph.
6freak
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/default.htm

He sent me this as well..I havent had a chance look through it
6freak

The 914 has been in the FM game since the beginning.

Not the six ..is what i was told ???
6freak
no side marker lites dry.gif
Brent
My userid St33lerchief7. Picked up the game at 40 bucks only. Someone received the game and turned it in for cash at my game store. What timing!
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 06:08 PM) *

no side marker lites dry.gif

I have noticed in proper lighting that the taillights are euro spec.

Also noticed when I added ATS rims it went to 4 lug blink.gif

Brent - great deal on the game! I bought the LCE at $80 for the extra content.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 29 2009, 05:55 PM) *

The 914 has been in the FM game since the beginning.

Not the six ..is what i was told ???

I can't remember if it was in FM1. For some reason I don't think it was. It was somewhat prominent in FM2 as it was one of the first cars you could buy or won. It has always been a six. I do know that they reworked the graphics of the car models for FM3. So even if it was in the earlier version, they probably wanted to somewhat start from scratch and create a new (and better) model of the car.
6freak
No matter whos car or when in was introduced into the came ..its cool to have a 914 in such a hi profile game .......Good press sorta..Cant wait to give it a try
bandjoey
What a great www. This game makes the action look 100% like video. Never had anything but pong, but this....

Ask your friends for a group buy discount on both the game and the xbox. w00t.gif
Brent
OMG this is like 914 crack. I have been on this non stop for 8 hours. Unlike my other racing games, on easy mode, its super simple to rack up credits. I already have my Zambezi class A car, and a Signal Orange C class car. My goal is to have a teener for each class.

How do we upgrade the rocker panels? Would like to paint the same car color. I purchase NFS for the PC years ago, but could never get it to run properly. Thank god for the Xbox360. The graphics are no joke. You might think the commercials are glossy renditions, but they are the true gameplay scenery. It is stunning!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Brent @ Oct 30 2009, 02:13 AM) *

OMG this is like 914 crack. I have been on this non stop for 8 hours. Unlike my other racing games, on easy mode, its super simple to rack up credits. I already have my Zambezi class A car, and a Signal Orange C class car. My goal is to have a teener for each class.

How do we upgrade the rocker panels? Would like to paint the same car color. I purchase NFS for the PC years ago, but could never get it to run properly. Thank god for the Xbox360. The graphics are no joke. You might think the commercials are glossy renditions, but they are the true gameplay scenery. It is stunning!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!

Addictive, isn't it?
To change the rocker panel color, go to the paint booth and add a vinyl to cover it.
Check out www.forzamotorsport.net forums - you will find a tuning marketplace as well as vinyls and designs for cars.
If you need help with graphics, let me know. I haven't done much yet in FM3, but in FM2 I had some cool stuff. Here is a project 914 from FM2...

IPB Image
6freak
Even has rust ..and the holes for the side marker lites ..That is amazing ......./what is the differance 360 and 360live can i race with you guys on both systems .I guess if im getting the game for free at least i could buy the console so i can play the darn thing.............be cool to have a race with all 914`s and guys from the 914world
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 30 2009, 10:43 AM) *

Even has rust ..and the holes for the side marker lites ..That is amazing ......./what is the differance 360 and 360live can i race with you guys on both systems .I guess if im getting the game for free at least i could buy the console so i can play the darn thing.............be cool to have a race with all 914`s and guys from the 914world

XboxLive (also shown as XBL) is online gaming - yes, you can race against others; up to 8 in a race. A private lobby can be set up where you invite the people you want to race with so it would be pretty easy to get a bunch of 914worlders together.

To race online, it requires Gold membership which is less than $50 for 12 months.

edit: check out first post - now has video WITH SOUND!!!
6freak
cool....
Brent

edit: check out first post - now has video WITH SOUND!!!
[/quote]

You must have a steering wheel too? I use the controller, my driving is jerky, but effective. In FM2, looks like the car to build on is a project? I did fifure out the vynals last night and now have some cars with the color coded rockers and front an rear dams. I now also have 5 914s, one each in F,E,D,C and A classes.

I have way too much stuff to do for Halloween to even be messing with this, but I have been looking for a good 914 on a console platform for years! This far exceeds my expectations.

Since you know how to capture video, you should show the showroom of a car in your garage and how stunning the graphics are of the virtual spinning car. I have it with my new Cannon camera, in 1080 HD, but like I said, new and haven't mastered basic functions yet.

I had AWD on my class A car, but took it off since it didn't seem right, tiny bit of purist in me. Now I am super loose in the Class A races. So much power for such a light car, yet is now more realistic.
underthetire
This is the steering wheel you need for the game !
http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/30/fanatec...o-racing-wheel/
poorsche914
-Brent...
Yes, I have a Logitech steering wheel. Never used it much in FM2 but loving it in FM3. I have also turned off all assists except the brake line and am using manual shift. Once you get used to all that, the game is so much more fun.

The project 914 is a design I made up in FM2. I will probably make a similar design for FM3. Check out my storefront in the game - I have the PORSCHE side text available in Black and White in the vinyls section and a full car design inspired by Rothmans race livery.

I, too, will be trashing the AWD system. Just doesn't seem right.

What is your GT? I tried St33lerchief but says it is not a gamertag.
Send an FR to stemisch when you get a chance.

Race on driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 30 2009, 01:41 PM) *

This is the steering wheel you need for the game !
http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/30/fanatec...o-racing-wheel/

I was looking online trying to find who sells those. Suggested retail is $350!!! Nice but pricey.
underthetire
Ya, but for us Porsche guys, whats $350.00 ? piratenanner.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 30 2009, 12:16 PM) *

Ya, but for us Porsche guys, whats $350.00 ? piratenanner.gif

lol-2.gif :broke:
poorsche914
Some pics from the game...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
6freak
Lime green car is euro(maybe its been changed by the player)except for the lenses.... in the new game FM3 the car is euro as well popcorn[1].gif WHY?? Any guess`s
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Oct 30 2009, 11:37 PM) *

Lime green car is euro(maybe its been changed by the player)except for the lenses.... in the new game FM3 the car is euro as well popcorn[1].gif WHY?? Any guess`s

You are correct - the 914 is euro spec - even the taillights though they look red they show as orange in sunlight. Also, the speedo is in km/h.
Interior has the passenger foot rest as well.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.