914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
underthetire
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 21 2010, 09:36 AM) *

Japanese Series Tracks:

5 laps - Tsukuba Full
10 laps - Twin Ring Motegi Full
10 laps - Suzuka Full

That gives us a short race to determine starting positions and then two 25-30 min races.

Xbox still in for repair sad.gif
rtperch
driving.gif

Who do we throw a friend request to on xbox Live in order to join in the festivities?
stepuptotheMike
I should be able to make it tonight, but I haven't practiced a bit in weeks. Too many things going on.

Mike
poorsche914
QUOTE(rtperch @ Feb 21 2010, 04:34 PM) *

driving.gif

Who do we throw a friend request to on xbox Live in order to join in the festivities?

FR to stemisch

Once joined in, you can FR all the other guys.
poorsche914
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Feb 21 2010, 05:05 PM) *

I should be able to make it tonight, but I haven't practiced a bit in weeks. Too many things going on.

Mike

Same here. I only ran last Sunday for a bit and haven't done much in the past 2-3 weeks.
Richard Casto
Another great night of racing! Poorsche914/stemich and I were racing two wide on Tsukuba. If you know that track (very tight, very short), that is absolutely crazy! We both race using “in car” view, so it was hard to see each other, but we didn’t touch (would love to see a video made from that replay). I wasn’t able to make the pass work, so Poorsche914 won that race with me right behind him. I hadn’t expected to be that competitive at Motegi, but was able to pass Poorsche914 and establish a good sized gap and win that race. I had expected to do well on Suzuka, but Poorsche914 ran an awesome race. We were very close and made few mistakes. In the first or second lap I got loose putting the power down out of the hairpin and Poorsche914 pulled away some. We ran qualifying laps the entire race. It was the hardest I have ever raced anyone. My fastest lap was just a few tenths better than his, but because he was so fast and so consistent, I was only able to close the gap to about 2-3 seconds. Frankly if it has been 100 laps, we were so closely matched I don’t think either of us could have passed the other unless someone made a mistake.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Feb 22 2010, 10:27 AM) *

Another great night of racing! Poorsche914/stemich and I were racing two wide on Tsukuba. If you know that track (very tight, very short), that is absolutely crazy! We both race using “in car” view, so it was hard to see each other, but we didn’t touch (would love to see a video made from that replay). I wasn’t able to make the pass work, so Poorsche914 won that race with me right behind him. I hadn’t expected to be that competitive at Motegi, but was able to pass Poorsche914 and establish a good sized gap and win that race. I had expected to do well on Suzuka, but Poorsche914 ran an awesome race. We were very close and made few mistakes. In the first or second lap I got loose putting the power down out of the hairpin and Poorsche914 pulled away some. We ran qualifying laps the entire race. It was the hardest I have ever raced anyone. My fastest lap was just a few tenths better than his, but because he was so fast and so consistent, I was only able to close the gap to about 2-3 seconds. Frankly if it has been 100 laps, we were so closely matched I don’t think either of us could have passed the other unless someone made a mistake.

I must say that was the most fun, most intense race for me! Full attention the entire 10 laps. I knew one mistake and you'd have been right there passing me. The last few laps I would be .5 to .8 faster on my laptimes up until the hairpin where I would lose any time gained and then some. I think there was some good racing going on further back as well. Kept hearing exclamations from 6freak, racerx9146, RTPERCH (a new racer... welcome!) and stepuptotheMike.

Motegi... I just couldn't get a good flow going on that track and you ran away.

Tsukuba was fun as well. That is a great 914 track. I hope to find some time to go thru the replay and save some video and snap some pictures to post.

Next week... rain date for the Race Across America series since the original never really happened. Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca and Road America.
stepuptotheMike
I ran like garbage for pretty much the whole evening. That last 2 laps of the last race, 6freak and I had a regular drag race going on.... in the end I just didn't have enough for him and he got across the line by a nose. It was nice to have somebody hang back so I wasn't just driving around by myself biggrin.gif Not quite fast enough to keep up with you more seasoned fellows.

Good times and Welcome to RTPERCH.

Mike
Smitty911
Is it to late to join this Party?

Are most of you using a Wheel and Gas Pedal or the X-Box Controller.

I tried the Demo and it was tough with the Controller.

N0 FALSE G0DS the O's are actually Zero's. I'll have a copy of the game tonight.

Thanks
stepuptotheMike
Never too late to join the fun. Just send a friend request to Stemisch or StepuptotheMike and we can send you the 275 spec tune for the 914. Then just meet up with everybody on Sunday evening.

The tune is mainly suspension and tire upgrades.... not a whole lot in the horsepower arena.... so it keeps things even. You can refine your settings all you want with the components in the spec.

I think most folks are using a wheel and pedals. I picked up the microsoft wheel a few weeks back, but have not had a chance to get used to it yet.... so the last race I did was on a controller. I think it will take a bit of practice with either one you end up going with.... but the general concensus is that a wheel is the way to go.

Mike
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Feb 22 2010, 04:39 PM) *

N0 FALSE G0DS the O's are actually Zero's. I'll have a copy of the game tonight.

Thanks

The more the merrier!
Some of us use controllers and some use a wheel. driving.gif

Series races are run on Sundays - start gathering in race lobby around 9pm ET / 6pm PT with the first race starting around 9:30/6:30
You can also catch some of us online during the week practicing, tuning, etc

When you get the game, start the Season play to both get some practice and build up credits. You will need credits to purchase the 914 and upgrades. If necessary, I can gift you a car with setup. FR me at stemisch

I also put together a dedicated forum with race info, etc Teener Simracing League

6freak
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Feb 22 2010, 10:28 AM) *

I ran like garbage for pretty much the whole evening. That last 2 laps of the last race, 6freak and I had a regular drag race going on.... in the end I just didn't have enough for him and he got across the line by a nose. It was nice to have somebody hang back so I wasn't just driving around by myself biggrin.gif Not quite fast enough to keep up with you more seasoned fellows.

Good times and Welcome to RTPERCH.

Mike

I had a hard time getting in the zone as well Mike ...but we did have a good race between us on that last track ....good times
poorsche914
Info on this week's race... click --> Race #4 Race Across America You will need to log in to the forum.

Click for Drivers Points Standings (updated) Viewable by the public.

turboman808
Finally picked up Forza so I will try and join this at some point.

I was a bit disapointed I couldn't add flares to my 914 in the game. I was able to make it the same color and I have a ridiculous rear wind so it looked pretty similar.

Oh I also couldn't paint the top a different color.
poorsche914
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 26 2010, 11:31 PM) *

Finally picked up Forza so I will try and join this at some point.

I was a bit disapointed I couldn't add flares to my 914 in the game. I was able to make it the same color and I have a ridiculous rear wind so it looked pretty similar.

Oh I also couldn't paint the top a different color.

Yeah, not much modifying available in game.
Send a FR to stemisch and I will send you the spec tuning setup.

Hope to see you Sunday night.
stepuptotheMike
Love these tracks and managed to get a little bit of practice in this week, so I hope to not run like doo doo.

See you guys Sunday evening.

Mike
Smitty911
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 22 2010, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Feb 22 2010, 04:39 PM) *

Thanks

The more the merrier!
Some of us use controllers and some use a wheel. driving.gif

Series races are run on Sundays - start gathering in race lobby around 9pm ET / 6pm PT with the first race starting around 9:30/6:30
You can also catch some of us online during the week practicing, tuning, etc

When you get the game, start the Season play to both get some practice and build up credits. You will need credits to purchase the 914 and upgrades. If necessary, I can gift you a car with setup. FR me at stemisch

I also put together a dedicated forum with race info, etc Teener Simracing League

Friend Request set.

I attempted to set up the 914 according to the Guidelines on your site. I'm 2 points off?

Outside of that I am ready.

poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Feb 28 2010, 11:25 AM) *

Friend Request set.

I attempted to set up the 914 according to the Guidelines on your site. I'm 2 points off?

Outside of that I am ready.

FRs accepted from torboman and no false gods
I will send you both the tuning setup which will give you the correct parts. Then you can tune the suspension, gearing, etc to your liking.

Welcome and hope to see you tonight online.

stepuptotheMike
Sounds like we could have a full lobby this evening. That will be good to see. These tracks with a full field are a lot more fun.
poorsche914
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Feb 28 2010, 07:43 PM) *

Sounds like we could have a full lobby this evening. That will be good to see. These tracks with a full field are a lot more fun.

I agree a full lobby is more fun.
I will be on LIVE at 9:00 Eastern and will have a chat room open. Join there first so we can be sure the new guys are set up properly.

Note to new racers... take your car to the vinyl design area and put numbers on your car. Contact me (stemisch) for available numbers.
turboman808
Sorry I didn't have a mic. I never went online with the xbox or played with any of the other features so it's a learning curve and I have no idea where the mics are at so I guess I need to buy one.

Now that I got the settings I can fine tune them for the car. Guys with the gear ratios changed were just leaving me in the dust. But it was real fun trying to make perfect lines just to try and hang on.

Which leads me to the conclusion that I really need a steering wheel for this thing. They make a really nice porsche wheel but I will wait a few months to see if I still like playing online and playing forza. The wheel with all the accesories was like $400(my mistake $650).
poorsche914
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Mar 1 2010, 12:21 AM) *

Sorry I didn't have a mic. I never went online with the xbox or played with any of the other features so it's a learning curve and I have no idea where the mics are at so I guess I need to buy one.

Now that I got the settings I can fine tune them for the car. Guys with the gear ratios changed were just leaving me in the dust. But it was real fun trying to make perfect lines just to try and hang on.

Which leads me to the conclusion that I really need a steering wheel for this thing. They make a really nice porsche wheel but I will wait a few months to see if I still like playing online and playing forza. The wheel with all the accesories was like $400(my mistake $650).

Before you spring for a Porsche wheel, read reviews. Seems I read that there were some issues with that wheel. You should be able to pick up a micro$oft wheel for $100 or less. The wheel makes it a lot of fun but not absolutely necessary. It is just a matter of getting used to whatever controller you have.

Hope you enjoyed the racing. This current spec series is complete and we will be moving up to D series next week. I will post the setup on the Teener Simracing League forum. Basically the same setup but with added exhaust, intake, etc to bump it to the next class.
6freak
sorry i missed out fella`s i was busy with the car tell around 630 so i just said bag it and i was tired as hell anyway ..hope ya`ll had fun

Mr.C
poorsche914
smilie_pokal.gif Congrats to MethodX for winning the E Spec series.

E Spec series is now complete and we'll be starting D Spec next week.

Specs for the new class are posted on the TSL forum
I have also posted a poll as to whether we should try running dual class races where newer drivers race E Class and others run D Class.

Thanks to all who have participated and if you haven't joined in yet, it is never too late.
Richard Casto
Wow! I didn't think I would be able to win the series. 319 vs. 316 points. That is pretty close. It was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the next series.

How about a "for fun" non-points race with the new spec cars before the start of the next series?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 1 2010, 08:33 PM) *

Wow! I didn't think I would be able to win the series. 319 vs. 316 points. That is pretty close. It was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the next series.

How about a "for fun" non-points race with the new spec cars before the start of the next series?

Good idea. I was testing out the new setup and it can be a bit tricky with that extra bit of power. LOL.. I didn't even look to see what the new HP rating is.

So, next Sunday will be a Fun Run series - several shorter races just to get a feel for the new setup in competition.

Don't forget to vote in the poll HERE
6freak
What are the spec`s for the new hotrod ..and what tracks
scotty
Damn...I totally suck at driving with my left thumb!
poorsche914
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 3 2010, 11:53 PM) *

What are the spec`s for the new hotrod ..and what tracks

Upgrades are posted on the TSL forum.
This Sunday will be a Fun Run (no points) to help us get used to the new setup. Not sure what tracks yet.

Also, be sure to VOTE in this poll as to whether or not we should run dual class races.
stepuptotheMike
Got my car setup today... and this is just what it needed. Just a little bit more power and now it doesn't feel like it's lumbering up to speed.

For the fun run we should do a globe trot.

Mike
poorsche914
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Mar 5 2010, 05:13 PM) *

Got my car setup today... and this is just what it needed. Just a little bit more power and now it doesn't feel like it's lumbering up to speed.

For the fun run we should do a globe trot.

Mike

Yes, that little bit of power upgrade makes a difference. Should be fun!

Globe trotting = yes. Hit the favorite tracks such as Maple Valley, Sunset, and ??? Post your track suggestions here or on the TSL forum.
Smitty911
Well I messed something up. I added the Couple of things from the List and I'm sitting at 428????? Went back though it again and still at 428PI.

Beats me but I'll be on early Sunday to handle it some tonight and some Sat.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Mar 5 2010, 07:59 PM) *

Well I messed something up. I added the Couple of things from the List and I'm sitting at 428????? Went back though it again and still at 428PI.

Try this... select your car and then apply the original E275 setup. Then, add the new upgrades - should be at 350. If you still can't get it, I will probably be on later tonight and I can send you the setup.

stepuptotheMike

Took me a minute to figure out that the "Race Driveline" is actually the Race Drive Shaft blink.gif

Smitty911
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Mar 5 2010, 06:37 PM) *

Took me a minute to figure out that the "Race Driveline" is actually the Race Drive Shaft blink.gif

They should come as a Pair for our cars. LOL It would go perfect with the 6 speed tranny.
poorsche914
Just wanted to let you guys know I may be delayed in getting the lobby started tonight. Going to have dinner with the family and not sure what time we will get home.

Feel free to start up a lobby and run random tracks to get used to the new setup. I will be on as soon as I get home!

stepuptotheMike
I can start the lobby when I get on this evening.

If I'm not on your list...... FR to stepuptothemike

Mike
poorsche914
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Mar 7 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Mike

Thanks, Mike.
Smitty911
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 7 2010, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Mar 7 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Mike

Thanks, Mike.

What Tracks?

Mike,

I'll be on around 5:00 PST. N0 FALSE G0DS the 0's are Zero's
poorsche914
D350 Spec Series Race #1 - East Meets West

This series of races takes us to two of Japan's tracks - Twin Ring Motegi and Suzuka. Both of these tracks have short sections designated as East and West. We will be running 5 laps on each of these sections and then running 10 laps on the full course.

5 laps Twin Ring Motegi East
5 laps Twin Ring Motegi West
10 laps Twin Ring Motegi Full
5 laps Suzuka East
5 laps Suzuka West
10 laps Suzuka Full

I have listed the tracks for the next month on the Teener Simracing League forum. Please check it out and post your comments on that forum. I have selected many tracks we have not yet run plus a few surprises. biggrin.gif
stepuptotheMike
Hey Racers.... don't forget the time change. You should have set your clocks forward last night, so you don't want to be an hour late for the race tonight.

Mike
Richard Casto
I will try to make it tonight, but am not sure I can. I have not practiced the tracks, so it will be interesting.
poorsche914
For any of you interested in getting a wheel there is a Logitech wheel on ebay HERE. Still has 4 days to go so not sure how high the price will go. I have no affiliation with the seller.

This is the same wheel I use and I am very happy with its performance.

driving.gif
racerx9146
Same wheel I have. Work well, no wireless and also requires a 110V outlet for force/shake stuff. The force works okay if you turn it down in Forza. I got mine on Ebay about a year ago for about $70

John Daron
poorsche914
Racing tonight!!!

Hope to see more of you online. The past few races have been pretty thin with only 3 or 4 people.

Tonight's race consists of 3 heats each at 3 different "point to point" track sections - Stage D at Rally di Positano, Fujimi Kaido Old Downhill, and Stage C at the Ring.

I originally planned to run staggered starts. Unfortunately, the way staggered starts work in FM3 is that time starts when the first car rolls. So the 2nd car in line automatically starts at a 10 sec disadvantage, 3rd car at a 20 sec disadvantage, etc.

What I have decided to do is set the starting grid to "RANDOM" for all heats and collisions will be off so that you cannot crash into each other. Even with this method the cars after the pole sitter has a slight time penalty since they all must travel just a little bit further. That is the reason for the random order - to help equalize that time penalty for all.
Even with collisions OFF, you can still hit the wall. And be warned - a clean, slower lap will ALWAYS beat a faster, dirty lap. So race clean and race to win!

9pm eastern/6pm pacific is the gathering time with races starting between 9:20/6:20 and 9:30/6:30

D Class Spec... arrive early if you need the tune sent to you.

Fire up the Xbox and have some fun online!!!

driving.gif
Richard Casto
I got wrapped up in something else tonight and totally forgot about the race . sad.gif
70_914
No action lately in this thread....

Did everybody get bored racing or is it still going on? I would love to get in on some races.

poorsche914
QUOTE(70_914 @ May 8 2010, 08:35 PM) *

No action lately in this thread....

Did everybody get bored racing or is it still going on? I would love to get in on some races.

Attendance dropped way down in March and we have not raced in several weeks. I think real life has kept people busy.

Any one up for some racing Sunday night? Yeah, I know it is Mother's Day. If we can get 4 or 5 to show, we can have some good racing. If anyone needs the tune for the spec 914, message me on Xbox Live. My GT is stemisch
driving.gif
stepuptotheMike
Things have just been busy as can be around here. With the weather turning nice and the days longer, all of the out door projects have kicked into high gear. It's also prime season for Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Soccer....etc.

Believe it or not, I've actually been doing some work on my real car....stuff that I should have gotten done over the winter but just didn't have time with work schedule.

I won't be able to make it tonight as I am long overdue on some projects for the wife and I promised I would get them done for Mother's day.

I did order a 2nd copy of FIII so that my oldest son can play along with us on his Xbox. He's 11 and finds it really funny that us old men get together to race.

I would think attendance will be low as long as the days are long and the weather is nice...... that's when we should all be enjoying our real teeners anyway biggrin.gif

I haven't lost interest.... and have enjoyed losing miserably to you guys. driving.gif

Mike
70_914
[/quote]
Any one up for some racing Sunday night? Yeah, I know it is Mother's Day. If we can get 4 or 5 to show, we can have some good racing. If anyone needs the tune for the spec 914, message me on Xbox Live. My GT is stemisch
driving.gif
[/quote]

I am up for racing Sunday. I just sent a friend request to you, it is from Kevin M 1975. I need the specs for the car so I can get mine ready, maybe practice a little.

Thanks

Kevin

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.